Do you want to change your diet a little and prepare some healthy and tasty fish?
Then be inspired by our recipes for pangasius 6x differently.
Its advantage is that it has very few bones.
You can fry it in batter, bake it in the oven or wrap it in bacon and fry it in a pan.
Enjoy your meal!
Baked pangasius in the oven
Prepare pangasius in the oven, for example, with a little garlic, lemon juice and turmeric. It’s simple and yet so good!
- 2 pangasius fillets
- 1 clove of wiped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Wash the pangas and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Brush with olive oil, salt and pepper, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add the garlic and spices and let sit in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Transfer the pangas to a baking tray lined with baking paper and cover with a thin slice of butter.
- Bake at 190°C for about 15-20 minutes.
- Baked pangasius is served with roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes or a vegetable salad.
Also get inspired by our healthy and tasty recipes from fish fillets in 5 ways!
Fried pangas in cheese batter
Children often don’t want to eat fish because they have a lot to do with it when picking out the small bones. This disadvantage is eliminated in pangasius. Prepare it this time wrapped in cheese and parsley dough, it’s a delicacy!
- 600 g pangasius
- 100 g plain flour
- 150 g of finely grated edamame
- 2 eggs
- 2 dcl of milk
- 150 g of solamyl
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- frying oil
- Prepare a dough from flour, edamame, eggs, milk, solamyl and chopped parsley.
- Salt and pepper the pangasius fillets, wrap in batter and fry in hot oil until golden.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or boiled potatoes.
Pangasius in bacon
Pangasius fillet wrapped in bacon is one of the easiest dishes you can prepare from fish, and at the same time it is one of the tastiest. Bacon, which contains a lot of fat, prevents the fish from drying out during cooking and adds flavor.
- 4 pieces of pangasius fillet
- 2 packages of bacon
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- If you have frozen fillets, thaw them, wash them and then dry them with paper towels.
- Try to remove as much water as possible.
- Wrap each fillet in bacon so that the strips of bacon overlap slightly so you don’t have to hold them together with toothpicks.
- Use 3-4 strips of bacon for 1 fillet.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Fry each side of the bacon-wrapped fillet for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dish.
We also have other delicacies for you in the form of luxurious recipes for grilled fish . Try them all!
Pangas with vegetables and lemon
This colorful dish is a joy to look at, healthy, quick and easy to prepare. What more could you want from food!
- 4 pangasius fillets
- 1 tomato, cut into pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into pieces
- 5 pieces of lemon
- 70 grams of olives
- add to your taste: basil, black pepper, rosemary, coriander
- juice of half a lemon
- Melt some butter in a pan and add all the vegetables.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Set the mixture aside.
- Place pangasius fillets on another pan, sprinkle with spices and cover with lemon juice.
- Cover them with steamed vegetables and lemon.
- Cook for 5 minutes on one side and then another 5 minutes on the other side.
- Enjoy it!
Discover similar tips
Pangas with garlic and cayenne pepper
A simple lunch or dinner in the form of fish with garlic and cayenne pepper, which will be ready once or twice and everyone will enjoy it!
- 800 g of pangasius
- a little garlic
- 8 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
- a little salt
- olive oil
- butter and fresh parsley to serve
- Toss the fish with salt, cayenne pepper and crushed garlic.
- Put in a bowl, mix with oil and leave for about 1 hour.
- Then, together with the oil, fry in a pan for a short time on both sides.
- Then put the pan on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 35 minutes at 80°.
- Serve the fillets with butter and fresh parsley.
Try our delicious recipes for pike or try another fish!
Fried fish tacos
Get inspired by this delicious recipe for fried pangasius tacos, fresh vegetables and delicious coleslaw. Enjoy fish again in a slightly different way!
- 2 pangasius fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of finely ground cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 small tortillas
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1/4 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coleslaw
- Dry the fillets and cut them into 5-8 cm strips.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Sift the cornmeal into a deep plate and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until combined.
- Dip the fillet strips into the egg mixture on both sides and let the excess mixture drip off.
- Lightly press the fillets into the cornmeal until evenly coated.
- Shake off the excess.
- Add the vegetable oil to the hot pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the fish.
- If necessary, work in batches and fry the fish until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat and let drain on paper.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the tortillas on both sides until golden brown spots appear on them or fry them on both sides in butter in a pan until golden.
- Assemble tacos by placing slices of fried fish, peppers and onions on toasted tortillas and top with coleslaw.
- If desired, squeeze lime juice over the tacos.
Pangasius can also be baked , it is very well combined and complemented with cream, vegetables, sausages, herbs, cheeses, potatoes, baking sauces.
Preparation before cooking
- Pangas is sold frozen and cut into fillets of various sizes .
- Before preparing the kitchen, we just adapt these fillets to the purpose.
- We only let them partially soften , we don’t freeze them completely, because then they release too much water, including the juice from the meat.
- Then we rinse them, dry them and cut them into portions as needed .
- The meat is salted and seasoned before cooking, and the pangasius is ready for heat treatment.
Suitable spices for pangas
- For fish, it is always more appropriate to use herbal spices , such as thyme, oregano or rosemary, or to use spice mixtures such as Provençal spices.
- For recipes with a particularly delicate taste, sometimes just chives, parsley or onion is enough.
- If, on the other hand, we want to have a more pronounced taste, we use sharper spices and flavoring preparations such as mustard, ketchup, anchovy paste, soy sauce and similar preparations.
- We can also prepare a quick sauce from these preparations, which we pour over portions when serving.
And how did the pangas recipes work out for you? Write to us in the comments!