Did you have more fruit this year than you expected and you don’t know what to do with it?
Definitely don’t get rid of your supplies.
We have great recipes for you with peaches in 7 different variations.
From buns to compote to Sangria!
Grandma’s cake with a soft, buttery crust. The procedure is not at all complicated, as it might seem at first glance. On the contrary, it is only a few steps that will lead to the preparation of the most delicious cake you have ever eaten.
For the dough:
- 300 g plain flour
- 170 g butter from the fridge (cut into cubes)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 200 ml of cold water
- a pinch of granulated sugar
For the filling:
- 6-8 ripe peaches (peeled and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 30 g plain flour
- a pinch of nutmeg
- Mix the flour, butter and salt in a bowl.
- Process the dough by hand or in a food processor.
- The texture of the dough should resemble coarse flour with pieces of butter.
- In a separate bowl, add 1 egg yolk, vinegar and a little cold water and mix the ingredients.
- Drizzle this mixture over the dough and gently mix together.
- The dough should not crumble, if it does, add a little water.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and work it into a loaf on a floured work surface.
- Divide the loaf with a knife into 2 approximately equal pieces.
- Put them in the fridge to rest for 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and prepare the pie filling.
- Mix the chopped peaches with lemon juice, sugar and flour.
- Mix the peach mixture well.
- Remove the rested dough from the refrigerator and roll it to the size of the mold.
- Press one half of the dough into the mold and layer the peaches on top.
- Sprinkle the peaches with nutmeg.
- Place the second part of the rolled dough on top of the peaches.
- Trim the edges and moisten with cold water.
- Make several slits in the dough to allow steam to escape from the cake.
- Brush the edges of the cake with egg yolk.
- Bake the cake for 15 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Then reduce the temperature to 180 degrees and bake for another 45 minutes until the dough is golden.
Try our other best peach pie recipes that will make you lick your mouth!
You will love this delicious peach ginger jam that perfectly balances the sweetness of the peaches! Save it for worse times.
- 900 g of fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and fill a large bowl halfway with cold water and ice.
- Mark a shallow “x” on the underside of each peach.
- When the water boils, add the peaches and let it boil for 45 seconds.
- Remove the peaches from the hot water and immediately place them in an ice bath.
- When they are cool enough to handle (should only take a minute), remove them from the ice bath and peel them.
- Remove the pits and roughly chop the peaches.
- Place the peaches in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan and toss with the lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally and breaking up some of the fruit with a spoon, until the peaches are soft and juicy, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, lemon zest and ginger and mix.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until jam thickens, 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the peaches.
- Remove from heat, transfer to glasses and let cool completely before serving.
Get inspired by our other recipes for canning peaches and treat yourself to a great mood and “no stress” whenever you want.
Peach and spinach salad with goat cheese
Try this sumptuous summer salad of fresh peaches and spinach, topped with goat cheese, avocado and crunchy toasted almonds. Plus, it’s topped with the perfect homemade balsamic dressing, which gives it just the right zing. Enjoy it!
- 4-6 cups of spinach
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted almonds
For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- optional: 1 teaspoon of sugar to sweeten the dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss.
- Layer peach slices, diced avocado, red onion, crumbled goat cheese and toasted almonds on top of the salad.
- You prepare them by placing the almonds in a non-stick pan, which you heat over medium heat.
- Stir the almonds thoroughly with a wooden spoon and toast until golden, 3-6 minutes.
- Gently mix the whole salad.
- Serve immediately.
- The amount will be about 4 servings.
- Enjoy your meal!
Peach puree is not only a great side dish for babies, but you can also use it in desserts, for baking or mix it into yogurt.
- 3 peaches
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan, add peaches and let sit for 40-60 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the peaches and immediately place them in a bowl of ice water.
- Remove the peaches from the ice water and peel the skin with your fingers or a knife if necessary
- Cut the peaches in half, starting at the stem and working your way around the pit.
- Twist and pull the peach halves apart.
- Place the peach halves in a food processor/blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy it!
Discover similar tips
Looking for a quick and easy peach dessert recipe? Then try this compote! You only need peaches, sugar and lemon juice for it and it is ready in just 15 minutes. Serve it on French toast, cake, pancakes, or anything you can think of.
- 500 g of fresh or frozen peaches
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (you can add more if you prefer a sweeter compote)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh lemon juice is best)
- Rinse and pit the peaches.
- Cut them into smaller pieces.
- Juice the lemon.
- Add the diced peaches, sugar and lemon juice to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the mixture begins to bubble, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir from time to time. (Taste the compote and gradually add more sugar if needed.)
- Once the mixture thickens, remove it from the heat.
- Transfer to a clean glass.
- If you want to thicken the mixture faster, mix together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water and add this slurry to the mixture.
- You can serve warm compote with French toast, waffles or fritters.
- Or serve cold compote with ice cream, yogurt or oatmeal.
- Allow to cool thoroughly before storing in the refrigerator.
Amazingly tender cuts that are quick and easy to prepare, making them the perfect surprise treat!
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus 3 tsp
- 2 and 1/2 cups chopped peaches
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Spray a 20 x 20 cm baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 teaspoons sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir the peaches into the mixture and set aside.
- Sift 1 cup sugar, plain flour, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the milk and butter.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the prepared batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Press most of the chopped peaches mixed in the sugar and cornstarch mixture into the dough and place some on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bun comes out clean.
We also have 5 more juicy recipes for peach buns that you will love. Try them all!
This easy Peach Sangria is ready in just minutes! Fruity, refreshing and delicious, it’s sure to become your new favorite summer drink.
- 1 bottle of semi-sweet white wine, chilled
- ½ cup peach liqueur
- 1 cup peach juice or juice
- 3 peaches, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries and/or sliced strawberries
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir to combine.
- Serve over ice.
Other ways to use peaches
- Prepare a cold soup from peaches and fresh vegetables.
- Grill them so that they caramelize beautifully and acquire a slightly smoky flavor. Then add them to a vegetable salad or serve them with ice cream or stir them into cocktails.
- Make homemade chutney from them. You can then spread it on, for example, grilled cheese.
- Wrap the peaches in pancetta or bacon and fry them in a pan. Or wrap them in prosciutto and serve cold.
- Conjure up luxurious ice cream from peaches, sweetened with maple syrup.
- Add the fresh peach puree to the lemon soda along with a scoop of ice cream. It’s a treat!
- Gently poach peaches in herb syrup for a wonderfully sophisticated dessert that couldn’t be simpler.
Have you processed the peaches yet? Let us know in the comments!