Looking for sun-dried tomato recipes that don’t take much time?
Do you want to pamper your body with nutrients and at the same time enjoy a great meal?
Get inspired by our goodies and start cooking!
Pasta with sun-dried tomatoes
This recipe is not only suitable as a quick and tasty dinner. The dish is light and, thanks to fresh herbs, spinach and nuts, also nutritious.
- 500 g spaghetti (1 pack)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of dried garlic
- 230 g of baby spinach
- ½ cup fresh basil (chopped)
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package. But only cook for half the recommended time!
- Pour the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes into the heated pan (add regular olive oil if necessary) and add the garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds, stirring constantly to prevent the garlic from becoming bitter.
- Add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes to the pan. Sauté until the spinach begins to wilt (this will take about 2 minutes).
- Add the pre-cooked spaghetti and, if necessary, add a little water.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix everything well.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the spaghetti is done. Remove from heat and sprinkle with basil and parmesan. Keep some Parmesan cheese aside for the final garnish.
- Then sprinkle each portion with pine nuts and the rest of the Parmesan.
- Spaghetti with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach can be served immediately. Enjoy your meal!
Sun-dried tomato spread
Do you have guests coming? Don’t have time for long preparations? Try our recipe!
You will have this goodness ready in a few minutes!
- 200 g of tomato puree
- 250 g sun-dried tomatoes (without oil)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried garlic
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Using an immersion blender, blend everything until smooth.
- Store the sun-dried tomato spread in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serve with your favorite baked goods or add to pasta, for example.
Try one of our savory pastry recipes .
Pork tenderloin with sun-dried tomatoes
Prepare a light, easy and tasty meal that you can serve on a weekday, but also as part of more festive events.
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon capers (chopped)
- ¼ cup butter (at room temperature)
- 500 g of pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- While the oven is preheating, chop the sun-dried tomatoes and capers.
- Grind the softened butter in a bowl and mix the tomatoes and capers into it. Set aside.
- Put the pan (suitable for baking in the oven) on the heat and heat it for about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the pork tenderloin, dry it with a clean towel and cut it into 4 equal pieces, brushing each one with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then put the pieces of meat in the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until each piece is slightly brown on all sides.
- Remove the pan from the heat and brush each piece of meat with the butter mixture you prepared at the beginning. Use only half of the butter mixture! Set the rest aside.
- Now place the pan in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the meat is done, remove the pan from the oven and serve.
- Brush each portion of the pork tenderloin stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes with the remaining butter mixture and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve with potatoes.
If you want to experiment, try one of the interesting recipes for potato side dishes .
Discover similar tips
Turkey roulade with mozzarella and tomatoes
This dish only takes 30 minutes to prepare, and it tastes great!
- 2 turkey breasts
- 1-2 packages of mozzarella
- 8-10 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 small leek (minced or chopped into very small pieces)
- 2 apples (peeled and diced)
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix the sun-dried tomatoes and walnuts and set aside.
- Cut each breast in half to create the largest piece possible. Cover the meat with food foil and pat it down so that it is about 1 cm high. You can knock it out with a rolling pin or mallet.
- Remove the cling film and place the sliced mozzarella in the center of the meat, followed by the basil leaves.
- Now add the tomato mixture and roll the meat.
- Tie the meat roku with kitchen twine and place it in an oiled pan. Fry for 5 minutes so that all sides are fried.
- Remove the turkey roll from the pan and place it on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Then put the baking tray in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C.
- Once the juicy turkey roulade is ready, remove it from the oven and remove the baking wire.
- Cut the turkey into equally wide slices and serve with applesauce and your favorite side dish.
- Peel the apples and cut them into cubes.
- In a small saucepan, pour the juice of half a lemon, 2 tablespoons of water and sprinkle with 1.5 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Add the apples and mix everything.
- Heat until the apples are soft and then mash them with a spoon.
- Add a little butter to the pot and salt the whole mixture.
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil and add the leeks. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Then add the apple mixture from the saucepan to the pan and cook until completely soft. Add flour, cinnamon and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock or water and cook for 8 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Using an immersion blender, blend gently until smooth and set aside.
Recipe for sun-dried tomatoes in pesto
This pesto is a unique addition to pasta, popular meat and fish. But you can also use it as a delicious sandwich spread.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ⅓ cup almonds (unsalted)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon black peppercorns (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- ¾ – 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and process until everything is finely chopped.
- Then turn off the robot, mix with a spoon and place in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator. Dried tomato pesto stored in this way will last for 5-7 days.
Do you like this kind of food? Then also try the recipe for pesto with wild garlic .
Tips for drying tomatoes at home
How to dry tomato goodness yourself at home? Get inspired with the following two simple tutorials!
Homemade dried tomatoes in the dryer
This tutorial will allow you to get delicious tomato goodness with almost no work. Try it out.
The amount of ingredients depends purely on your taste.
- Clean and dry the tomatoes. Then cut them into thin slices, salt, pepper (you can also use oregano for seasoning) and spread them in the dryer so that each slice has enough space to dry.
- Cover the dryer and turn it on at the temperature indicated in the manual for your dryer.
- It is important that the tomatoes are sufficiently dried, but not too dry. Drying should take approximately 6-8 hours.
- After drying, remove the tomatoes from the dehydrator and layer them in a container with a lid.
- To get pickled sun-dried tomatoes in oil, add salt, pepper, dried basil, oregano, rosemary sprigs to the tomatoes and cover everything with good quality olive oil so that the tomatoes are completely submerged.
Don’t have a dryer, or do you just like slightly softer dried tomatoes? Then get inspired by the following procedure.
Determine the amount of ingredients yourself according to your own taste.
- Cut the smaller tomatoes in half and place them on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush each tomato lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and dried herbs to your taste. Sprinkle the herbs over the tomatoes, but only after an hour of baking so they don’t darken too much or burn and become bitter.
- Bake the tomatoes in the oven, heated to 150 °C and bake for 2 hours.
- If you don’t want to work with the tomatoes immediately, you can turn off the oven after this time and let them cook (half an hour is enough).
- Store the finished tomatoes in an airtight container. It will last up to several days in the refrigerator.
Recipes for sun-dried tomatoes are not complicated and they taste great!
Indulge your taste buds with this unique gourmet experience and your body with vitamins K, C, E, B and minerals such as calcium and magnesium.
Enjoy your meal!