Are you a fan of gourmet delicacies? Then you will definitely be interested in pickled garlic recipes.
It is a great delicacy that can be added to a meal, but you can also put it on a plate as a side dish to meat.
Get inspired in our article and try to prepare one of our carefully collected recipes.
Surprise your loved ones and friends and make them a glass as a gift, for example for a holiday.
Classic pickled garlic
This recipe does need time to rest, but the result is definitely worth it. On the contrary, the preparation is simple and the taste is excellent. Do not hesitate to try recipes with wild garlic , which has its own specific taste and aroma.
- 300 g of peeled garlic
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup ground mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- Peel the garlic and cut the larger cloves in half. Rinse and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Clean the red pepper, cut it into cubes and add it to the garlic.
- Add distilled white vinegar and white sugar to the saucepan.
- Put the celery seeds with dried mustard in a bag or perhaps in a tea strainer and immerse them in vinegar and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic cloves and paprika and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then we turn it off and get rid of the bag with spices.
- Divide the garlic and peppers into clean (sterile) jars, up to a height of approx. 2-3 cm from the neck of the jar.
- Pour in the liquid and seal well with the cap.
- Wait for the jars to cool down and let them sit in the fridge for 3 weeks, then serve them, for example, with grilled meat.
Spicy pickled garlic with chili
Home-made canned food is always better than store-bought, no doubt about it. If you want to prepare this popular aromatic vegetable this way, then this recipe is just for you. Well, what if it’s in a luxurious spicy version that kicks your taste buds.
- 3 – 5 cloves of fresh garlic
- 60 g of fresh dill
- 120 ml of white vinegar (it can also be apple)
- 120 ml of water (preferably filtered)
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon of honey (if we don’t have it, we replace it with maple syrup or cane sugar)
- Prepare a pot, put water, vinegar and salt in it.
- Heat over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the salt is completely dissolved.
- Set aside, add coriander, chopped dill, honey and mix thoroughly.
- We wash the glasses thoroughly so that they are perfectly clean, and we pile the peeled cloves of garlic into them.
- Pour in the prepared pickle until the garlic is completely submerged, but leave about half a centimeter reserve from the neck of the bottle.
- Cover thoroughly and shake several times.
- Store in the refrigerator and let it sit for at least 14 days. The longer we wait, the better the garlic will taste.
Tip: If we want a much spicier version, then add 2 spoons of hot Sriracha sauce, 1/2 spoon of dried chili and 1/2 spoon of dried thyme.
Discover similar tips
Cloves in salt
Pickled garlic can be prepared in many ways, while garlic paste is mainly popular as an ingredient in various dishes. If we prepare it at home with our own efforts, then it tastes twice as good.
- 450 g peeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Put cloves of garlic, which we cut in half beforehand, into the blender jar.
- Add oil, salt and mix several times using the pulse button.
- Then we turn on the highest speed for about 10 – 15 seconds to connect everything.
- We mix so that the mixture is pretty smooth. Once we achieve this, the garlic paste is ready.
- It will last in the refrigerator in an airtight container for a maximum of 5-7 days, definitely not longer.
Tip: If we want the garlic paste to last longer, divide it with a spoon into an ice cube tray and store it in the freezer.
This is how we gradually freeze all the paste and always use one cube (or more) when preparing a dish. In the freezer, it lasts for about 3-4 months.
Garlic pickled in oil
This recipe is very simple and the resulting product has an excellent taste. The preparation is not at all complicated and it can definitely be not only a good delicacy, but also a gift for a holiday, if you also make the appropriate packaging or dedication.
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of pickle
- 6 stalks of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (you may need more)
- Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, peel all the cloves of garlic and cut off the edges.
- As soon as the pickle is boiling, carefully throw in all the cloves of garlic and let it cook for about 1 minute.
- Spread kitchen paper towels on the table and use a slotted ladle to remove the garlic from the pickle to get rid of the excess liquid.
- Then we divide them into two perfectly clean, resealable glasses with a volume of 500 ml.
- Put 3 sprigs of thyme and 1 bay leaf in each glass.
- Pour olive oil so that the garlic and herbs are completely submerged.
- Seal well and store in the refrigerator, where we let 48 rest. Only then is the garlic ready for use.
- The product prepared in this way will last up to 3 months.
Korean vegetables without sterilization
Manul changachi, also known as Korean pickled garlic, has a crunchy texture, a salty, slightly spicy taste, and is highly addictive.
In addition, if we use slices instead of whole cloves, we can use it as an ingredient in rice or noodle dishes.
- 9 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Peel the garlic and rinse thoroughly.
- Pour soy sauce and vinegar into a saucepan, add sugar and bring to a boil.
- Let it boil for about 10 minutes and then set it aside to let the pickle cool down.
- As soon as the pickle is cold, pour it into a glass with garlic.
- It is important that all the cloves are submerged.
- Seal the jar thoroughly and put it in a safe place where there is no risk of breakage.
- We let it rest for at least 3 weeks, even longer.
- After opening, the garlic prepared in this way must be stored in the refrigerator.
We all have our own way of peeling garlic in the best and fastest way possible. Take a look at the video we have prepared for you and see if you can find any interesting gadgets in it.
Wondering how it works on a typical Japanese garlic farm? Then watch a nice video where you will learn a lot.