Pomegranate is a superfood for many reasons.
In addition, it tastes great and can be used in the kitchen in many ways.
We have prepared for you 5 excellent recipes with pomegranate that you will love,
So let’s do it!
Try this easy and delicious cake with a simple golden batter decorated with juicy pomegranate seeds. It is wonderfully soft and pleasantly sweet.
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 and ½ cups plain flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature (plus extra for brushing)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup buttermilk (OR milk)
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Place the pomegranate seeds on a paper towel lined plate to remove some of the moisture and set aside.
- Place the rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 175°C.
- 23 generously grease the cake tin with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, blend the butter until creamy.
- Add the sugar and beat on medium speed for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly mix in the eggs, buttermilk and extracts.
- With the mixer on low, gradually mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spread the dough into the prepared form and smooth the surface.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the dough and press them down lightly.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce the oven temperature to 160°C and continue baking for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Place the mold on a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Cut the cooled cake into wedges and serve with fresh whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or on its own.
Pomegranate detox tea
Make this great cleansing tea that your body will thank you for!
- 2 teaspoons of dried horsetail
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Boil water in a kettle, pour the boiling water into a mug.
- Add the horsetail and mint, leave to infuse for about 10 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve.
- Mash the pomegranate seeds to get all the juice out of them.
- Add the juice to the herbal decoction and mix.
- Place lemon slices in the glasses and pour the tea evenly.
- Serve warm.
Salmon topped with pomegranate sauce
You only need 4 ingredients for this simple recipe and the result is definitely worth it!
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 2 spoons of soy sauce
- 1 chopped clove of garlic
- 4 salmon fillets
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Pour the pomegranate juice, soy sauce and garlic into a large bowl.
- Mix everything well.
- Add the salmon and cover the bowl with foil or plastic wrap.
- Leave to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Place the salmon (skin side down) on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the marinade is thick and syrupy.
- After 7 minutes, remove the salmon from the oven and pour half of the reduced marinade over it.
- Return the salmon to the oven and bake for a further 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer the salmon to four plates and pour over the rest of the sauce.
- Serve with rice, salad and/or sautéed vegetables.
We also have other salmon recipes for you that are quick, healthy and nutritious!
Discover similar tips
Pomegranate, baby arugula and pear salad with ginger dressing
This luxurious salad is packed with vitamins in the form of pomegranate, baby arugula, pear and apple. In addition, it will brighten up your holiday table and liven up an ordinary dinner during the working week.
For the salad:
- ½ cup pecans (halves or chunks)
- 140 g baby arugula
- 60 g goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- 1 large ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
For the ginger dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon of finely grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Fry the pecans on it, stirring frequently, until they are fragrant and do not start to turn golden on the edges, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Place arugula on a large serving plate.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans and crumbled goat cheese.
- Spread the slices of pears and apples in a fan shape and spread them across the salad in sections (see photo).
- Top with fresh pomegranate.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Taste and add another teaspoon of vinegar as needed.
- Wait to toss the salad until you are ready to serve.
- When ready, lightly drizzle the whole salad with the ginger dressing (you may not need all of it).
- Serve immediately.
Simple Homemade Pomegranate Syrup
This syrup is absolutely delicious. It’s easy to prepare and you can use it in both savory and sweet dishes!
- 560 ml of pomegranate juice
- 280 g of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Combine sugar and juice in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Taste and stir in lemon juice if you want more zest.
- Then transfer to mason jars.
Another use of pomegranates
A number of cocktails and juices are also made from the pomegranate, the most famous drink being the oriental soft drink sherbet.
Also known is grenadine syrup, which is often used in cocktails. Pomegranate is also used in cold cuisine, where it is added to many salads, in warm cuisine it is especially suitable for poultry, grilled meat and fish.
In Asia it is also used as a spice, for this purpose wild plants are better suited.
Pomegranate is a superfood you’ll love! Do you know how to peel it properly? How to use it in the kitchen? Or how to store it? You will learn all this and much more in our article about pomegranate !
And how did you like our recipes today? Write to us in the comments!