Are you in the mood for something traditional that you remember from your childhood, but at the same time something original?
Try our recipes for pork in carrots!
Classic ingredients in combination with a mixture of spices, other types of vegetables and special side dishes turn this dish into a real gastronomic experience.
We will leave it up to you which variant you prefer!
Pork with stewed carrots and tomatoes
Pork stewed in carrots does not necessarily resemble a diet dish. Liven it up by adding white wine, tomatoes and a variety of spices! You will see that the food suddenly takes on a completely different dimension.
- 800 g of pork (ideally shoulder or chop)
- 4-5 carrots
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 400 ml of white wine
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Bay leaf
- salt pepper
- cilantro for garnish
- Wash the pork and cut it into cubes.
- Make a marinade of white wine, finely chopped garlic, bay leaf and salt and put the meat in it for at least one hour.
- After the required time has passed, fry the carrot and onion, both cut into rounds, in a pan with olive oil.
- After 10 minutes, add the peeled and finely chopped tomatoes.
- Cook everything over low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Then add the pork with the marinade to the pan.
- Mix everything thoroughly, close the pan with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro before serving.
As a side dish to this dish, you can choose not only traditional rice, but also potatoes or French fries.
TIP: A high-quality frying pan is a great helper when preparing pork in carrots. Don’t know which one to choose? See reviews of selected deep pans .
Pork cubes in carrot and cream sauce
Do you like sauces? So be sure to try the unusual combination of carrots and delicious cream sauce, made special by the delicate aroma of cloves and fresh mushrooms. You will find that you will immediately fall in love with this recipe for pork in carrots and cream.
- 700 g roast pork
- 3-4 carrots
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 200 g of fresh mushrooms (champignons can also be used)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- about half a cup of flour for thickening
- salt pepper
- parsley for garnish
- Fry finely chopped garlic and mushrooms in a pot with oil.
- Add the meat cut into pieces and saute everything together for a few more minutes.
- Then add the chicken broth, chopped carrots, salt, pepper and the whole onion into which you stuck a few cloves.
- Mix thoroughly and slowly bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the onion and cloves from the pot.
- Add cream and thicken with flour as needed.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for another 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
Due to the nature of the dish, we recommend serving it with bun or Karlovy Vary dumplings.
Discover similar tips
Pork slices on carrots baked in the oven
If you want to spend as little time as possible at the stove while cooking, you can also easily prepare pork in carrots in the oven. Pork slices topped with baby carrots and decorated with sprigs of rosemary can also be served as a tasty dinner if you have guests.
- 700 g of meat (pork roast)
- 4 carrots, or 12 baby carrots (in this case, you won’t need to cut them)
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- dried garlic
- dried rosemary
- salt pepper
- a few sprigs of rosemary for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Brush the pork roast with olive oil and season with dried rosemary, pepper and salt.
- Place the meat in the center of an oiled baking dish.
- Around the roast, spread the onion and carrot cut into larger pieces, seasoned with dried garlic, rosemary, salt and drizzled with a little olive oil.
- Place the roasting pan with the meat and vegetables in the oven and bake for about an hour to an hour and a half, until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven, cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
Slices of pork garnished with sprigs of rosemary are ideally served with mashed potatoes.
Unusual pork in carrots with rice
Most people choose rice as a side dish for pork in carrots, which by its nature is very suitable for this dish. But even this traditional recipe can be made special and brought to perfection by adding a few unusual ingredients, such as parsley, honey or mustard, and, of course, also the right type of rice.
- 500 g of pork
- 3 carrots
- 3 parsley
- 40 g of butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- a few leaves of arugula or lettuce for decoration
- For larger fries, put the chopped carrots and parsley in a bowl with a little water in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- Sauté the sliced pork lightly on each side in a pan with half the melted butter until tender.
- Remove the meat from the pan, place it on a plate and turn it over so that it does not cool down.
- Melt the other half of the butter in a pan, add honey, mustard and mix everything well.
- Add the carrot and parsley pieces, cover with a lid and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
We recommend serving this dish with jasmine rice or basmati rice, which go best with it due to their specific taste. But you can’t go wrong with herbal rice, flavored with, for example, green onions, basil and a little lemon juice.
You can also steam pork with carrots and enjoy more vitamins and minerals. The electric steamers mentioned in our review can be used for this. If you are interested in this topic, check it out!
TIP: By the way, you don’t always have to eat rice only as a side dish. Sweet rice also tastes very interesting, whether as a dessert or a main course . Get inspiration from our recipes!
All four recipes are proof that pork in carrots can be prepared very easily in an interesting and unusual way. All it takes is a little imagination and a few other ingredients that together conjure up an unforgettable taste.