Pork leg is the back part of the pork muscle.
It is less overgrown and tender when properly prepared.
It is among the available meats. You can also get it in supermarkets, so you don’t have to worry too much about getting it.
If you’re out of ideas for cooking, get a new muse for pork leg lunches.
Roasted pork leg on garlic
As the first of the pork leg recipes, we have to mention this crispy goodness. If you are lucky enough to get a leg with bone and skin, be sure to try it!
- 6 kg pork legs with bone and skin
- 2 onions
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup spring onions
- ½ cup parsley
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of green pepper balls
- Wash and dry the thigh.
- Make deep cuts in it so as not to cut into the meat.
- In a bowl, make the marinade by mixing green pepper, salt, mustard, 4 pressed garlic cloves, chopped parsley, spring onions, thyme and rosemary.
- Mix everything and coat the entire leg with the marinade (mainly in the cuts).
- Finally, sprinkle with grated ginger and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, pour the orange juice into the oven, add the sliced onion, the rest of the garlic and bake at 150 °C for about 8 hours (depending on the size of the meat).
- Baste the meat while baking.
You can also be inspired by this video recipe for preparation:
Spicy pork with rice
Taste delicious Asian-style pork leg noodles.
- 680 g pork leg
- ½ onion
- 3 stalks of spring onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 55 g chili paste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 60 ml of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of rice wine
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil
- sesame seeds
- Wash the meat, dry it and cut it into thin strips.
- Cut the onion into strips, the spring onion into rings and press the garlic.
- Combine all ingredients (except rapeseed oil) in a bowl and mix.
- Soak the meat in this marinade for at least half an hour.
- Then fry the meat noodles with the marinade in a pan with a little oil.
- Fry until soft.
- Serve drizzled with sesame oil over rice.
Leg cutlets in cream
Pork chops in a cream-mustard sauce are great with variously prepared potatoes.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 600 g of pork leg
- 3 tablespoons of fresh thyme
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 80 g of baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons of roasted almonds
- Wash the pork leg, dry it, cut it into slices (slices).
- Pat them on both sides through food foil, salt and pepper.
- Fry them on hot oil until soft on both sides.
- Then put the meat aside and fry the chopped garlic and fresh thyme in the same pan.
- Add both mustards, ¼ cup water, and cream.
- Cook until thickened, then add half the spinach and return the meat to the sauce.
- Serve garnished with the remaining spinach and toasted almonds.
Discover similar tips
Pork leg on mushrooms
This pork leg recipe is again reminiscent of Asian cuisine. The great interplay of meat and shiitake mushrooms will make your taste buds spin.
- 200 g of pork leg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon of cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons of water or broth
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 3 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 10 shiitake mushrooms
- ½ spoon of soy sauce
- 4 spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- a small piece of ginger
- Cut the meat into thin strips, salt and pepper, add ½ spoon of oyster sauce, wine and let it rest for a while.
- Then add the starch and mix.
- Add sesame oil, heat a wok and fry.
- When the meat is fried, put it aside and sauté the sliced mushrooms in the same pan.
- Sauté for 30 minutes, add back the meat, chopped spring onions (green parts) and reheat.
Fillet on paprika
It is best with Karlovy Vary dumpling.
- 750 g pork leg
- 1 onion
- 2-3 teaspoons of sweet paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 balls of allspice
- 1 ball of black pepper
- 500 ml of milk
- 1 sour sour cream
- 1 and ½ spoons of plain flour
- Cut the thigh into slices, pat it through cling film, salt and pepper and deep-fry in oil on both sides.
- Put the meat aside and fry the chopped onion in the same pot until translucent.
- Sprinkle with paprika, add back the meat and cover with water so that the meat is slightly below the surface.
- Add the bay leaf and spice balls and simmer until soft.
- Water occasionally.
- When the meat is soft, put it aside and thicken the sauce with milk mixed with flour.
- Let it cook for another 10 minutes, then add the sour cream and mix thoroughly so that it does not curdle in the sauce.
- Finally, return the meat to the sauce and let it heat up.
Hamburger pork leg
It resembles our traditional sirloin sauce. For the brave, there is the option of piercing the meat with pickles, carrots and bacon. This is a simplified but tasty version.
- 500 g pork leg
- 100 g of root vegetables (carrot, celery, parsley)
- 50 g of onion
- 25 g of bacon
- 50 g pickles
- 50 ml of pickled cucumbers
- 50 g of ham in total
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 250 ml of milk
- 100 ml whipping cream
- Bay leaf
- whole spices
- Fry the salted and peppered pork leg in a little oil on all sides.
- Put the meat aside and fry the diced bacon and onion in the same pot.
- Then add the grated root vegetables, sauté for a while, then pour over the pickled cucumbers, add the whole spices and bay leaf.
- Add the meat back and let it simmer under the lid, basting occasionally with water, until soft.
- When the meat is soft, put it aside, strain the sauce, thicken with cream and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Finally, add the chopped ham and grated cucumber, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the meat cut into slices with the sauce and ideally also with the bun dumpling.
If you go to the supermarket, choose a fresh ham from the counter. Vacuum-packed meat can be enriched with water. Sometimes it happens that it is divided by fibers, which can cause it to dry out.
Its advantage is the indulgence, so it is also suitable for diets. It has a really wide application in the kitchen. Despite the fact that it is great for minutes, for example for preparing steaks or china, you can also put it in the oven.
Other recipes for processing pork can serve as further inspiration. For example , homemade pork jam is really tempting. Furthermore, you can also cook pork chin from the leg. Of course, it is also suitable for summer barbecues. Try the grilled pork leg .