Did you know that neck meat is one of the most commonly consumed types of meat?
It is a muscle slightly overgrown with fat – that is why it is so beautifully juicy.
Suitable for baking, grilling and smoking.
Discover the best recipes featuring pork neck.
Marinated pork neck on the grill
Krkovička is wonderfully suitable for summer barbecues. There are hundreds of ways to dress it up, but try this beer marinade and you’ll never want anything else.
- 6 slices of pork neck
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 lemon
- 250 ml of beer
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- black pepper
- Cut each slice of meat slightly on the edge in several places so that it does not curl during baking
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides and press the spices into the meat
- Mix beer, cotron juice, crushed garlic, honey and chopped rosemary in a bowl
- Add the meat, mix and cover the bowl
- Leave to marinate in the fridge ideally overnight
- Grill for a few minutes until the meat is nice and crispy
Pork neck steak with mushrooms
Krkovice gets along wonderfully with mushrooms. In the summer you can use freshly collected catches from the forest, in the winter reach for champignons or dried mushrooms.
- 2 slices of pork neck
- 200 g of mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- a pinch of nutmeg
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator and leave it at room temperature for about 30 minutes
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into pieces, peel and finely chop the onion, finely chop the garlic and parsley
- Salt and pepper the meat on both sides
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the meat slices and fry on a medium flame for 3 minutes on each side
- Remove the steaks from the pan
- Melt the butter in the same pan
- Add the mushrooms, stir and fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add onion and garlic and fry briefly
- Lightly cover with water, stir and fry for another 3-5 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Place the steak on top of the mushroom mixture sprinkled with fresh parsley and serve with roasted potatoes
TIP: Do you like mushrooms? Check out delicious mushroom sauce recipes.
Pork neck in cream
Every meat gets a completely new dimension when you cover it with sauce. And this creamy one with herbs is definitely a safe bet.
- 3 slices of pork neck
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- curry powder
- 1 tsp butter
- 120 ml cooking cream
- ½ tsp full fat mustard
- ½ tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp chives
Follow the simple video recipe:
Discover similar tips
Slow-roasted neck with rice
If you let the neck roast slowly, the fat will release beautifully into the meat and imbue it with a delicious taste. Get inspired by this recipe.
- 1.5 kg pork neck
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp citron juice
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 Tbsp sherry
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 250 g of cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Mash 4 cloves of garlic and add mustard, lemon juice, rosemary and oil to them and mix
- Place the meat in the baking dish and coat it with oil paste on all sides
- Pour sherry and maple syrup over it and bake for 3 hours
- During baking, occasionally baste with baking powder or water
- For the last 15 minutes, add the cherry tomatoes and the remaining sliced garlic cloves to the roasting pan
- When you take the meat out of the oven, let it rest under the aluminum foil for another 10 minutes
- Serve sliced, topped with baked goods with tomatoes and garlic.
- Serve rice as a side dish
You can also prepare a lot of goodies in the table oven. If you need this helper, you will find a lot of advice in the mini oven review that will surely help you.
Spicy Thai-style pork neck
Grilled pieces of meat topped with a slightly hot dip. Anyone who likes Asian cuisine will love this pork neck recipe.
- 1 kg pork neck cut into thicker slices
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of fish sauce, half a tablespoon of chili flakes and 2 tablespoons of lime juice in a bowl
- Add the meat slices, mix and leave to marinate in the fridge for 2-6 hours
- Mix the rest of the chilli flakes, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar with the shallots and coriander and leave in a bowl suitable for serving
- Take the meat out of the fridge, wipe lightly with paper towels and cook for a few minutes on a pan or grill
- Serve with fresh vegetables and dip
- Serve with rice, noodles or a toasted baguette
Tips from the chefs on how to best prepare the neck
- It is better to buy meat whole and cut it at home.
- An ideal neck slice should be approximately 2 cm high.
- It pays to start early! The more time the meat spends in the marinade, the tastier it will be. Leave it on overnight, or at least for 4 hours.
- The same goes for baking. The slow-roasted neck is full of flavor and the meat literally melts on the tongue.
- When frying and grilling, on the other hand, the meat must be pulled quickly. You can tell the ideal temperature by holding your hand 10 cm above a hot pan or grill for just 2-3 seconds.
- No baked-on leftovers! Check and clean the grate before grilling.
- As with other meat, it is also true for neck meat that after baking or grilling, it is best to let the meat rest for a while, e.g. under foil, a lid or a plate.