Potato pancakes can at least partially change the menu in autumn and in the approaching winter.
They are suitable whether we serve them separately or as a side dish.
We know them under the names of potato pancakes, fritters, patties, fritters and the like, but their essence is a pancake-like appearance.
And we will present the recipes for these pancakes in this article. Get inspired.
Mashed potato pancakes
Do you have leftover potatoes or porridge from the previous lunch? We have an idea to promote them. Try these potato pancakes.
- 2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of dried garlic
- ½ teaspoon vegeta
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- frying oil
- Mix cooled potatoes, one egg, salt, pepper, vegetables, garlic and mozzarella.
- Put the dough in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- Then we make patties and coat them in egg, and then in breadcrumbs (if the potatoes are more watery, we recommend coating the patties first in flour, then in egg).
- Fry until golden on both sides.
Looking for lots of inspiration for lunches and dinners? Try other inexpensive potato recipes .
Boiled potato patties
If you have leftover potatoes from lunch or dinner, you can use them to make this delicious recipe for potato pancakes the next day.
- 2 and ½ cups of cooled boiled potatoes in their skins
- 6 tablespoons of chopped spring onions
- ⅔ cup semi-coarse flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 spoons of milk
- frying oil
- Peel and grate the pre-cooked potatoes.
- Add onion, salt, pepper, egg and milk to them and mix thoroughly.
- Finally, sprinkle with flour, mix and form patties.
- Fry them in hot fat on both sides until golden.
You might also like pancakes made from other types of vegetables. Try the celery patties, for example.
Potato pancakes with crackers
If you like fattier food, you can try adding crackers to the basic dough to create great crackers.
- basic ingredients for boiled potato pancakes
- 170 g crackers
- The procedure is the same as in the basic recipe for potato pancakes made from boiled potatoes
- Just add breadcrumbs to the flour and mix.
- Then we work it into the dough.
- We roast in the same way.
Discover similar tips
Potato pancakes with cabbage
They are tasty and crunchy thanks to the added sauerkraut.
- 300 g of potatoes
- 150 g of sauerkraut
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 g semi-coarse flour
- frying oil or lard
- Grate the potatoes on a coarse grater.
- Drain the cabbage and finely chop it.
- Add to the potatoes along with salt, pepper, pressed garlic, egg and marjoram.
- Finally, thicken with flour.
- If the dough is too thick, add milk, if the opposite is the case, add flour.
- We form lumps from the dough, which we spread on hot oil into a pancake.
- Fry on both sides until golden and crispy.
Would you like to buy a freestanding stove? Take a look to see if the free-standing combined stoves from our review would interest you.
Potato and zucchini pancakes
A great option for processing the zucchini crop and also for softening the potato dough itself. How about these zucchini potato lox?
- 250 g potatoes, peeled, dried and grated
- 250 g zucchini hollowed out, grated
- 150 g of hard cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cloves of garlic, wiped
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 handfuls of dried marjoram
- lard or oil for frying
- Mix potatoes and zucchini with egg, flour, garlic, cheese, salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Mix the dough.
- Heat the fat in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Then we put the dough on it one to two spoons at a time and form patties from it.
- Fry them until golden on both sides.
Our tip: Also try other recipes for potato pancakes in their best forms.
Fried potatoes on a baking sheet
We have a simple way for you to fry potato pancakes quickly and in large quantities. Ideal, for example, for a family celebration.
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 large eggs
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ cup semi-coarse flour
- 1 cup of oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- cumin, marjoram, pepper
- Grate the potatoes coarsely.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Pour oil on two baking sheets with a higher edge (half a cup each).
- Put them in an oven heated to 215 °C and let them heat up for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, add onions, spices, eggs, salt and mix.
- Finally, add flour mixed with baking powder.
- We shape the dough and place it on the overheated oil.
- We are careful not to burn ourselves.
- Bake the potatoes for 10-15 minutes until they are golden.
- Then we turn them over and repeat the same way for another 10 minutes.
Potato pancakes are served warm immediately after roasting or frying. Of course, we can serve them separately, only with a possible vegetable garnish.
However, they are best served warm with steamed vegetables such as spinach, sweet or sauerkraut, cabbage or steamed mixed vegetables.
Sauerkraut is a great side dish, so we recommend our article with top recipes for side dishes .
Tell us in the comments how you liked the potato pancake recipes and, most importantly, how you did it.