Honey is a great sweetener for tea.
But do you know how else it can be used in the kitchen?
We have the best recipes with honey for you in 5 different variants.
Try luxurious duck breasts, Italian balls and the popular gingerbread.
So let’s do it!
Honey chicken wings with chili and garlic
These wings marinated in honey, garlic, chili and soy sauce will stand out perfectly not only at your summer barbecue.
- 1/2 kg of chicken wings
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 5 spoons of honey
- 2 spoons of soy sauce
- Mix all the ingredients in a smooth marinade, rub the garlic thoroughly with salt.
- Marinate overnight and bake or grill the next day.
- The wings are deliciously spicy, serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Try our other 6 best recipes for tender chicken wings . The main dish, but also an appetizer for the party!
Italian Struffoli balls
Try this delicious holiday dessert! These are small crispy balls with honey glaze, sprinkled with rainbow balls.
- 4 eggs
- 2 and ¼ cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- peel of 1 orange
- rapeseed oil, for frying
- 1 cup of honey
- ½ to ¾ cup rainbow balls, for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, flour, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, salt, and citrus zest.
- Mix with your hands until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts.
- Roll the individual pieces into long ropes about 1.5 cm thick.
- Cut the ropes into 0.5 to 1.5 cm pieces and roll each piece into a small ball.
- Irregular sizes are normal and work well.
- Pour oil into a large heavy-bottomed pan so that it is filled about a third of the size of the balls.
- Heat the oil to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Then prepare a tray lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil after frying.
- When the oil reaches the desired temperature, carefully drop the dough balls into it in small batches and fry until puffed and golden on all sides.
- Using a metal strainer, remove the fried balls and transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain.
- Continue until all the dough balls are fried.
- While the batter is frying, add the honey and ½ teaspoon vanilla to a small saucepan.
- Set to medium heat.
- Stir occasionally and remove from heat once the mixture has reached a syrup-like consistency, this will take about 5 minutes.
- Add the still warm fried balls to a large bowl.
- Pour the hot honey mixture over them and add the rainbow balls to the bowl as well.
- Stir until balls are fully coated in sprinkles and honey mixture.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
You may also find our reviews of gas stoves useful, in which we tell you everything important and also mention popular combined models.
Discover similar tips
A simple dessert for which you need ingredients that you usually have hidden in your pantry at home: coconut, cornflakes, oatmeal, sugar, butter and, of course, honey. Plus, kids absolutely love this dessert!
- 45 g cornflakes
- 120 g oat flakes
- 120 g of desiccated coconut
- 165 g of powdered sugar
- 125 g of butter or margarine
- 2 spoons of honey
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
- Grease a 30×20 cm baking tray generously with butter/margarine.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently crush the cornflakes with the back of a spoon – be careful not to overmash them as you still want them to add some texture and crunch to the slices.
- Add the oatmeal, coconut and powdered sugar to the cornflakes.
- Mix dry ingredients until combined.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter/margarine and honey over low heat.
- Pour the butter/margarine and honey mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a pre-greased form.
- Press the mixture into the corners with the back of a spoon and spread it evenly into the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the bun is a warm golden colour.
- Allow to cool completely before turning out onto a cutting board and cutting into slices or squares.
Duck breast with honey
This luxurious recipe for honey duck breast is very easy to prepare and is, for example, a beautiful appetizer that will delight all your guests. You can also serve the dish with steamed vegetables and a gratin and you will have a great main course for any occasion.
- 4 duck breasts
- 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 handfuls of raisins
- 2 chopped shallots
- 4 spoons of honey
- 200 ml fruit juice (apricot, pineapple…)
- thyme, salt, cumin
- Cut the duck breast on the surface.
- Then put them in a pot with a little water.
- It is essential that the duck skin touches the pot.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, turn the breast over to the other side and cook for 10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper.
- Remove the duck breasts from the pot.
- Simmer the shallots in a pot for 3 minutes.
- Then add the balsamic vinegar, spices and honey to the shallots.
- After another 2 minutes, add raisins and fruit juice to the sauce.
- The mixture must be stirred regularly.
- Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes, then add the duck breasts to the pot.
- 5 minutes will be enough for the breasts to be fully cooked and ready to serve.
- Enjoy it!
Honey gingerbread cookies
Delicious gingerbread flavored with sweet honey and spices are popular with us not only at Christmas. Prepare them according to our simple instructions!
- 70 g butter at room temperature
- 160 g of powdered sugar
- 3 spoons of honey
- 2 whole eggs at room temperature plus one additional egg for brushing
- 400 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional)
- Sift the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground star anise, ginger, cloves and a pinch of salt into a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter together with the powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Then gradually add honey, vanilla extract and lemon zest (optional).
- Scrape the bowl with a spatula and beat for about a minute.
- Reduce the beater to low speed and gradually add the flour sifted with spices and baking soda.
- Whisk until combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute.
- If the dough seems too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 176-182 degrees Celsius.
- Line your trays with baking paper or a perforated mat.
- Roll out the dough between 2 pieces of baking paper to a thickness of about 3 – 4 mm.
- If necessary, very lightly flour the bottom baking paper.
- Cut out the gingerbread and transfer to a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until the gingerbread is puffed and golden.
- Larger gingerbread can take a little longer to bake.
- Try to bake smaller shapes and larger shapes separately, smaller shapes will be baked before larger ones.
- Remove from the oven, let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- If you want the gingerbread to be nice and shiny, beat 1 egg and then strain it.
- Brush the gingerbread with egg immediately after taking it out of the oven, while it’s still hot.
- Be sure not to add too much beaten egg as it may run down the sides and under the gingerbread cookies.
- Enjoy it!
If you are a fan of this popular candy, don’t forget to check out our other recipes for soft gingerbread with honey in five variations!
Honey is not suitable for all baking. For example, sponge cakes are not very fluffy with honey. On the contrary, if we rub it on the meat before baking, it creates a crispy crust with a nice golden color.
For these purposes, we can still mix honey with spicier ingredients, such as mustard or various spices.
And how did you like our recipes today? Write to us in the comments!