Do you like to experiment?
Then check out our pumpkin spread recipes that are worth trying!
We have sweet and salty versions, with macadamia nuts, jalapeños or maple syrup.
Whichever you choose, you’re sure to enjoy!
Spicy pumpkin dip
This easy pumpkin dip only takes 10 minutes, is perfect for summer parties or as an appetizer, and it’s vegan!
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ red onion
- 3 jalapeño peppers
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil for frying
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil for the spread
- 1 sprig of parsley for garnish, optional
- Soak ¼ cup cashews for 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut ¼ onion and 3 jalapeños into julienne strips.
- Cut 4 cloves of garlic into long thin strips.
- Place the extra virgin olive oil in a medium saucepan and heat over low heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic, onion and jalapeño peppers and sauté over medium heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fry until the onion turns brown.
- While you are sauteing the onions with the garlic and peppers, place the cashews in a food processor and blend on low speed until pulverized.
- Add pumpkin puree and mix with cashews.
- Add the fried onions, garlic and peppers to the pumpkin puree and cashew mixture.
- Add the almond milk, olive oil and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Garnish with curly parsley.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve, for example, with mozzarella sticks.
Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
Pumpkin hummus is incredibly tasty and healthy at the same time. Enjoy it with your favorite crackers, toast or pita bread or vegetables.
- 500 g chopped fresh pumpkin without skin
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 head of garlic, with the tip cut off to expose the cloves
- 425g chickpeas, drained (reserve some of the liquid)
- 2-3 spoons of tahini
- 1 tablespoon 100% maple syrup
- juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- toasted pumpkin seeds, olive oil and a little cinnamon to serve
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees C.
- In a bowl, mix the pumpkin, a tablespoon of oil and cumin.
- Spread the pumpkin pieces on baking paper and add the garlic.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges of the pumpkin and garlic are slightly blackened.
- Place the pumpkin, garlic, and chickpeas in a food processor along with the tahini, 4 tablespoons olive oil, maple syrup, lemon, and salt.
- Blend until smooth and add more olive oil as needed.
- Add more tahini, maple syrup and salt to taste.
- If you want a creamier hummus, add some of the reserved liquid from the chickpeas and stir.
- Place in a serving bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and add a little cinnamon.
- Serve with crackers, toast or pita bread or vegetables.
If you enjoy sweet baking and would like to try something new, be inspired by our recipes for butternut squash or Hokkaido pumpkin desserts .
Pumpkin and cream cheese spread
A luxurious pumpkin cream cheese dip full of flavor with a hint of sweetness will become a favorite at your parties. Enjoy it!
- 110 g cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (mix 1/3 cup cinnamon, 1 tablespoon dried ginger, 1 tablespoon nutmeg, 1 tablespoon cloves, and 2 teaspoons ground allspice, save the rest)
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Add the cream cheese and pumpkin puree to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the cane sugar, maple syrup, spices, and vanilla extract to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Place in a bowl and use as a spread or dip as needed!
Discover similar tips
Libyan pumpkin spread
This dip is spicy and pleasantly spiced, originating from Libya and now a favorite among Israelis. Will you like him too?
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 7 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- a pinch of red chili flakes
- 2 cups canned or homemade pumpkin puree
- 3 teaspoons Harissa
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, cumin, and red chili flakes.
- Salt and mix.
- Sauté until the garlic starts to turn golden.
- Add pumpkin puree, harissa and honey and mix.
- Cook until the pumpkin is heated through.
- Remove from the stove and stir in the lemon juice.
- Taste and add seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with Greek yogurt and warmed pita, or as a garnish for couscous.
Taste our luxurious recipes for pumpkin risotto 6 times differently!
Sweet and creamy pumpkin dip
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover pumpkin. Consists of only 3 ingredients, takes less than 2 minutes, is healthy and delicious.
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and mix until completely smooth.
- Enjoy your meal!
Pumpkin spread with macadamia nuts
Macadamia nut pumpkin dip with a hint of acidity from the added lime is deliciously fresh and super healthy. You will definitely love it!
- 1 kg of pumpkin
- 200 g of macadamia nuts
- 10 ml of olive oil
- 1 g of turmeric powder
- 15 ml lime juice
- pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the pumpkin into pieces and remove the seeds, place on an oiled baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Toast the macadamia nuts until golden (about 15 minutes).
- Mix the turmeric, olive oil and salt with the macadamia nuts.
- Bake for a few more minutes (about 2-4 min.)
- When the pumpkin is soft, remove it from the oven and remove the skin.
- Place the nuts and pumpkin in a food processor or blender along with the lime juice and blend until smooth.
You are looking for a simple summer and winter recipe dinner?
Try one of our pumpkin soup recipes ! We have several variants and it is up to you which one you choose.
And what do you think of our recipes for pumpkin spreads? Write to us in the comments. We look forward to your feedback!