Recipes for cheese rolls will be especially appreciated by those who do not want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
These delicacies are simple and can serve as an appetizer, a treat at celebrations or as a quick snack.
A simple cheese roulade with nivo
In this recipe, you will find, in addition to niva, two other types of cheese and an interesting taste of curry.
Try this simple recipe that everyone will enjoy.
- 230 g of processed cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- ½ cup fennel (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1-1.5 teaspoons of curry powder
- ½ cup pecans (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (minced)
- In a bowl, blend the cream cheese until smooth. Add cheddar and niva to it. Cover everything with cling film and put in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, melt the butter and stir in the curry powder. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pecans and sauté for another minute.
- Stir in the parsley, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Remove the cooled cheese mixture from the refrigerator and divide it in half. Make two identical cylinders from each half.
- Roll each of the rolls in the pecan mixture and you are ready to serve.
- Serve with honey and your favorite crackers or fruit.
You can have nuts on hand all year round. Get inspired by the instructions for canning nuts .
Excellent cheese roll with ham
Do you want to prepare something good for your coffee for the weekend?
Don’t have a sweet tooth?
Prepare this simple roulade that even beginners can handle.
- 1 piece of puff pastry (you can buy it at the grocery store)
- 230 g of ham
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Spread the puff pastry and cover its entire surface with slices of ham. Leave the edges (about 1.5 cm wide) free.
- Sprinkle the ham slices evenly with cheese and roll up.
- Place the side on which the roulade is finished wrapping face down on a greased or baking paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes until the roll starts to brown.
- After baking, let stand for 10 minutes and then slice.
- Serve with horseradish and your favorite pastry.
Bake your own pastries. Get inspired by reviews of home bakeries .
Roll with meadowsweet and strawberries
Prepare this great recipe that you can serve on weekdays, but it will also taste great on more festive occasions.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 250 g of grass
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons of rum
- 2 cups strawberries (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Also set aside.
- Separate the yolks from the whites and beat the whites until frothy (it will take about 5 minutes).
- Add granulated sugar to the egg whites and beat for another 2 minutes, until the snow is well set. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, add the sugar and continue to whisk until everything is combined.
- Add the flour mixture, buttermilk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the egg whites and mix gently with a spoon.
- Spread the dough prepared in this way on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until the dough hardens. After baking, let cool for about 1 minute.
- After this time, dust a clean cloth, on both sides, with powdered sugar and place it on the dough. Roll up and let cool completely. It will take about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the herb and butter until light and fluffy. Beat for about 4 minutes.
- Add ½ cup powdered sugar, rum, and remaining teaspoon vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Unwrap the cooled dough, remove the tea towel and spread it evenly with the prepared mixture with the grass.
- Spread the strawberry slices over the entire surface and roll again.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- After this time, remove the foil and dust with the remaining icing sugar.
- Now you can cut the cheese roll with grass and serve.
Fillings of cheese rolls can be different. For example, you can also try an unusual pesto recipe .
The best cheese rolls with horseradish
Prepare this very interesting recipe that everyone who likes hot delicacies will like.
- 10-12 slices of white toasted bread
- 50 g of butter
- 50 g of flour
- 2 tablespoons onion (finely chopped)
- 300 ml of milk
- 1-2 teaspoons rosemary (chopped)
- 1-1.5 teaspoons of horseradish (quantity is optional)
- 1 cup cheese for sprinkling (type optional – cheddar, gouda, etc.)
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and stir in the rosemary. Slowly bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in another pot, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour to the onion and, stirring constantly, cook for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk and rosemary from the first pot, stirring constantly. Cook for another 5 minutes until a thick sauce forms.
- Add the grated horseradish cheese and stir until the cheese melts.
- Season with salt and pepper, cover and let cool.
- While everything is cooking, preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Cut the crusts off the toast and spread a thick layer of the cooled cheese mixture on each piece and sprinkle with some grated cheese. Roll tightly, secure with a toothpick and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Repeat this process with all the pieces of toasted bread and brush each roll with melted butter and sprinkle with chopped rosemary.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the rolls are golden brown and crispy on the edges.
- Serve sliced or whole, immediately after baking.
You can also prepare other dishes from toasted bread. Try our other toast recipes .
Discover similar tips
Salmon roulade with cheese and spread butter
Do you need to prepare an imaginative appetizer that won’t take much time, so you can focus on your guests?
Try this great roll and enjoy!
- 450 g of spinach
- 3 eggs
- 75 ml of milk
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- a pinch of ground pepper
- 200 g spread butter
- 100 g of processed cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (from a chemically untreated lemon)
- 3 tablespoons chives (finely chopped)
- 300 g of smoked salmon
- 200 g of toasted bread
- Squeeze the excess water from the spinach.
- Separate the whites from the yolks and mix the yolks with spinach, milk, salt and pepper.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff and fold it carefully into the spinach mixture.
- Spread the mixture prepared in this way on a tray lined with baking paper and bake until the surface is slightly browned.
- Bake at 160°C for about 15 minutes. Then remove the tray from the oven and let it cool.
- While the spinach mixture is cooking, combine the spread butter, melted cheese, lemon zest and salt in a bowl. Blend until you get a light creamy mixture.
- Stir the chives into the mixture and put the whole bowl in the fridge.
- Place the spinach base on the cling film with the baking paper facing up. Carefully remove it and spread the prepared mixture from the fridge over the spinach base.
- Place the salmon on top of the mixture so that the individual pieces of fish overlap.
- Now start rolling carefully and put the finished roll, wrapped in food foil, in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After this time, take out the cold cheese roll with spread butter and immediately cut it into about 1.5 cm pieces.
- Serve garnished with chives with toasted bread.
Also try other salmon recipes .
Unbaked chicken roll with cheese and pesto
Don’t like to bake? With this recipe, you won’t have to.
This roulade only needs to be fried briefly. Get started!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan (grated)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 12 thin slices of mozzarella
- Pound the chicken breasts so that the meat is soft and has a height of about 0.5 cm.
- Mix basil, parmesan, garlic and pine nuts in a bowl. Then add olive garlic and mix again. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Coat all four pieces of meat with pesto and place three slices of mozzarella cheese on each piece.
- Roll up each chicken breast and secure with a toothpick. Salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and place the chicken rolls in it. Fry each roll on all sides so that the meat is not raw and slightly golden.
- Once the rolls are fried, remove them from the pan and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Then remove the toothpicks and cut the unbaked chicken cheese roll into small pieces.
- Serve with a tasty salad, potatoes or another favorite side dish.
Tomatoes go well with chicken. Prepare a recipe for tomato salad .
Mozzarella cheese roll recipe
This dish is great as a quick treat with beer. It will come in handy when celebrating New Year’s Eve, for example!
- 2 packages of mozzarella
- 50 g cheese with chili (grated, type optional)
- 2 red peppers
- fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 zucchini (sliced, grilled)
- 1 piece of lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a tray, lined with baking paper, and place mozzarella slices on its entire surface.
- Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until the mozzarella is spread out in a large sheet.
- Then remove the tray and sprinkle the whole mozzarella base with grated cheese with chilli and basil.
- Also add slices of grilled zucchini, lettuce and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Now you can start scrolling. Once the roll is ready, wrap it in cling film and let it rest.
- Once the cheese roulade with mozzarella has cooled, remove the foil and cut the dish into pieces of about 1.5 cm.
- Serve immediately.
Get inspired and prepare other delicious recipes with dried tomatoes .
Why eat cheese?
Recipes for cheese rolls are not only delicious, but they can also be healthy.
Really! Cheese has several health benefits. Get to know them.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease: Some scientists think that cheese could explain the so-called French paradox. The point is that the French have a low rate of heart disease, despite their consumption of cheese and other foods rich in saturated fat, such as butter or duck.
- Reduces the risk of developing diabetes: The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published an expert report that about 28 g of cheese per day can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by up to 8%. In addition, cheese contains calcium, which increases insulin secretion and can reduce insulin resistance, which can reduce the risk of disease.
- Slows down aging: According to a 2016 study published by the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, people who ate about 50g of cheese a day reduced their risk of death by up to 38% compared to people who avoided cheese. Scientists explain this by the presence of calcium, which lowers blood pressure and limits fat absorption in the intestine.
- Improves cholesterol levels: A 2015 study published by the International Life Sciences Institute compared blood cholesterol levels in people who ate a prescribed diet of cheese and people who ate butter. Although both diets had about the same amount of saturated fat and calories, the cheese eaters ended their trials with lower cholesterol than their butter-eating counterparts. Not only the presence of calcium can play a role, but also vitamin K2, which is found in cheese.
- Strengthens the human body: A 2014 study published by the Clinical Interventions in Aging reported that the milk proteins, casein and whey found in cheese, could be a source of energy and therefore an overall improvement in body strength in adults over 60 .