Do you want a good broth, but don’t know how to thicken it?
You are right here!
Now you can be inspired by 5 different recipes for soup preserves that will enrich your soup and add the right twist.
So come and try one. Of course you choose.
Liver preserve for soup
Liver is a very valuable source of easily absorbable iron and vitamins C and B. You can enrich your soup with these valuable vitamins. Get inspired and prepare this liver preserve yourself in a simple way.
- 150g of pork or poultry liver
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley and marjoram
- Pepper and salt
- Clean the liver from the membranes and scrape it with a knife.
- In a bowl, salt and pepper the liver and add parsley and marjoram.
- Add eggs, pressed garlic cloves to the liver, add breadcrumbs and drizzle with a little oil.
- Mix everything properly, if necessary add breadcrumbs. (The consistency should be a little thinner, but still slightly thick.)
- Finally, let the mass drip directly into the boiling soup through a sieve with larger meshes.
- Boil the soup for another two minutes and you can serve.
Homemade egg preserves
It is eggs that should not be missing from our menu. Only the yolk itself contains vitamins A, D, E, K, calcium and iron. Thanks to it, you can enrich your broth in the form of egg drippings.
- 1.5 cups semi-coarse flour (you can also use coarse)
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup of water or milk
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the flour, eggs and salt in a bowl.
- Add water or milk to the mass and mix everything with a whisk until smooth.
- You should have a stiffer consistency. If necessary, add more flour or dilute with water.
- Pour the finished drippings through a sieve with larger meshes directly into the boiling soup.
- Boil the soup for a few more minutes and you can serve.
Discover similar tips
Jam for semolina soup
This preserve is really simple to prepare. You mainly need baby semolina and a few other ingredients.
- Baby grits
- 1 large egg
- You can also add chopped parsley
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and sprinkle in the semolina until it forms a thick consistency.
- The density of the mass will cause the stiffness of the cakes, so it is up to you how thick you prepare it.
- Finally, mix in the chopped parsley and salt to taste.
- Through a coarse grater or sieve with larger meshes, squeeze the preserves directly into the boiling soup.
- Boil the soup for a while longer and you can serve.
You have the seal. But what kind of soup to use it in? Try one of the strong beef or chicken broths.
Crushing into soup
This type of preserve really only contains three ingredients, so its preparation is lightning fast.
- 80-100g of coarse flour
- 1 large egg
- Pour flour into a bowl and make a well in it.
- Knock the egg into the hole and work it with your hands.
- The resulting dough should resemble cake crumbs.
- If your dough is too wet, add more flour, and conversely, if your dough is too loose, add one more egg.
- Pour the crumbs in parts directly into the boiling soup and cook for a while.
Rather, our grandmothers or great-grandmothers excelled with this preserve. However, its preparation is completely simple and anyone can do it.
- 4 spoons of baby semolina
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or chives
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- First, beat the eggs in a bowl and then add the semolina.
- Add salt and dried herbs.
- Heat the oil in a pan and pour the prepared dough.
- Spread the batter on the pan and fry on both sides.
- Cut the finished fried roll into small cubes after it has cooled down.
- Pour the roll cubes into the boiling soup and cook for 5-7 minutes.
Note An important ratio is 2 spoons of semolina per 1 egg.
Tip: You can achieve excellent soups outside of the canner by slow-cooking it. You can read more in the slow cooker tests .
Gnocchi and nocchi are also a tasty addition to soup, which may seem a little more laborious, but it is actually a slightly thicker mass than dripping and also prepared from egg and flour.
We can also use fine breadcrumbs instead of flour.
Dumplings can also be used as a preserve for soup. Their preparation is not complicated either. If you want to be inspired, use our tips for soup dumplings .