Celery soup in the main role.
Did you know that celery stalks are very healthy?
In addition, it is said to help with weight reduction. That’s good news, right?
Check out the recipes we have prepared for you.
Can you find the best one?
Enjoy a culinary experience with an underutilized ingredient.
Creamy celeriac soup
Soup with celery stalks is simple, quick and tasty. If you like thick creamy soups, try this recipe. Cook it with a video tutorial, for example.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped celery stalks
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- Let the butter melt in a saucepan, fry the onion on it, sprinkle with salt and fry until translucent.
- Add the celery and sauté for a moment, then cover with 2 tablespoons of flour and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Then add ½ cup of milk and stir until the base thickens.
- Then add the rest of the milk ½ cup at a time and continue with the rest each time it thickens.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until the celery is soft.
- Blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Then season with herbs, garnish with chopped celery or crispy croutons.
Video recipe here:
Tip: If you like creamy soups, try our other recipes for thick creamy soups .
Potato soup with celery stalks
Googling tips for new soups? If you haven’t had the one with celery stalks yet, and you like vegetable soups, give it a try. This recipe is full of vitamins, minerals and is said to even suppress migraines.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter
- 1 onion
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 6 cups (approx. 3 cm long) chopped celery stalks (keep a few leaves for decoration)
- 2 cups of diced and peeled potatoes (about 1 cm thick)
- 4 cups of meat or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup of sour cream, white yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the finely chopped onion until golden (about 5 minutes).
- Stir it occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the garlic, celery and potatoes.
- Once the onion is golden brown, add the garlic and fry for another 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the celery, potatoes, stock, water, bay leaf, salt, both peppers and cover the pot with a lid.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it just bubble.
- The soup is ready after about 10 minutes (once all the vegetables are soft).
- Mix with a stick blender, decorate as desired and you can serve.
Tip: Do you like vegetable soups? Take a look and get inspired by our recipes for vegetable soups .
Discover similar tips
Celery butter soup
This delicate, creamy celeriac soup is all about great flavor. The recipe is quick to prepare, healthy and hearty. Do you like thick soups? Then taste it!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups finely chopped celeriac
- 1 large clove of garlic
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- 1 and ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 and ½ cups whole milk
- 1 salt
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Press the garlic.
- Heat the butter and fry the onion on it, add the celery and garlic.
- Saute for about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and fry for another minute.
- Add stock and milk, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar, pepper and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
Celery sauce with meatballs
Meatballs made from minced meat are not only a favorite dish of Swedes, but also of Belgians, Norwegians and other residents. They are also becoming popular here.
How about a version with celery stalk sauce? From the amount of ingredients listed in the recipe, you will get about 10 balls.
- 375 g minced meat (ideally a mix of beef and pork)
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 2 medium cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan type cheese
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 small shallot
- 2 stalks of celery stalks
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Peel and finely chop 1 garlic and shallot, put both in a pot with 2 bay leaves and a tablespoon of butter.
- Sauté for a few minutes over medium heat until the shallots are golden.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the roasted mixture aside in a bowl and let it cool (discard the bay leaves).
- Mix the minced meat with the cooled mixture of shallots and garlic, add egg yolk, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, salt and pepper and mix everything thoroughly.
- Form balls from the finished dough with wet hands.
- Fry them in the hot remaining butter until golden on all sides (turn them clockwise, it’s easier to remember).
- Place the fried balls on their side in a container and cover with aluminum foil.
- Do not wash the pan where you fried the balls, you will still need it.
- Add the rest of the butter and fry the onion, garlic, bay leaves and a sprig of thyme on it.
- Saute for about 2-3 minutes, then add the chopped celery, salt and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Then cover it with wine, cream and add back the meatballs.
- Stir and let it cook under the lid for another 7 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
Tip: Choose a high-quality Tefal pan , you will surely cook better.
Try other recipes for minced meat balls .
You can watch this recipe on this video:
We hope these few recipes for celery stalk soups have inspired you enough. which recipe is your best?
Check out other celery stalk smoothie recipes and get inspired.