Pike is one of the most famous fish in the Czech Republic.
Fishermen are certainly not at a loss as to how to prepare this predatory fish.
But if you still need advice, you can get inspired.
Butter pike with white butter sauce
Simple and ready in a few minutes pike with butter sauce.
- 600-800 g pike fillet
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- ½ Chinese cabbage
- ½ dl whipping cream
- ½ dl of white wine
- 40 ml of white wine vinegar
- 350 g of cold butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- We clean the fish, dry it, salt it, feather it and sprinkle it with lemon.
- Fry in a pan with hot oil and butter.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Towards the end, add the cherry tomatoes to the pan and saute for a while.
- Put Chinese cabbage in boiling salted water for a minute.
- And now we start preparing the sauce.
- In a small saucepan, heat the shallot, cream with white wine, a pinch of salt, pepper and vinegar until boiling.
- The first thing we can do is boil vigorously, as soon as we reach the boiling point, we turn down the flame and slowly reduce it to about 4 tablespoons of liquid.
- Then we will start adding cubed butter and stir until it melts.
- Once dissolved, stop stirring for 2 seconds, then quickly pour into a sauce pan (don’t leave in a hot pot, the sauce will curdle).
- We serve the fish layered with Chinese cabbage together with this delicate sauce and cherry tomatoes.
Herb roasted pike
Fragrant thyme, rosemary, coriander, parsley with pike. Recipe for an herbal experience with lemon.
- 1.5 kg pike
- 50g mixture of fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, coriander, parsley)
- 1 piece of lemon
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- crushed cumin
- We gut, clean and wash the fish.
- Cut it on both sides and salt it inside and out.
- Finely chop the herbs.
- We coat the pike in flour, and then coat it with the beaten egg white.
- Sprinkle with herbs (also inside).
- Place in an oiled baking dish and spread pieces of butter around.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C until golden.
- Place slices of lemon before serving.
Discover similar tips
Pike baked in the oven on lemons
Or try this simple pike. The lemon recipe is fresh and goes well with a piece of pastry.
- 750 g pike fillet
- 125 g of butter
- 1 lemon
- Italian spices
- Cut the pike into thin pieces about the size of a king prawn.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a tray, which we will line with aluminum foil and spread cubes of butter on.
- Put the tray in the oven, the butter will melt nicely in the meantime.
- In the meantime, cut the lemon into thin slices.
- Then we pile the pike on top of the lemon.
- Sprinkle everything with Italian seasoning.
- Put in the oven and bake for 8 minutes, then take out, turn the fish over, season with salt and pepper and bake for another 7-8 minutes.
You can also watch the video recipe here:
Baked pike with vegetables
Festive pike recipe. It goes perfectly with baked potatoes.
- about 1 kg of pike
- small celery
- 2 carrots
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 cooking cream
- olive oil
- We gut the pike, wash it and fill the inside with sliced vegetables and rind.
- Season the whole fish with salt, pepper, oil and bake at 200°C.
- While baking, pour cream over it.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
Grilled sea pike in marinade
And finally, we have a great tip for a pike grilling recipe.
- 1 kg pike fillet
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire
- a pinch of chili
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Prepare the marinade by mixing oil, parsley, Worcestershire, chilli, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- We wash the fillets, dry them, soak them in the marinade for half an hour and leave them at room temperature.
- Then turn the fish over and let it marinate on the other side for another 30 minutes.
- Grill on a hot grill for about 5-8 minutes on each side.
- Finally, sprinkle with paprika.
We can enjoy pike in stewed, fried and grilled form. There is no speculation that it would be enough for an excellent fish broth. It’s even up to you how you portion it. It doesn’t even have to be portioned, but on the contrary, it can be baked or grilled as a whole. You just need to gut it, then you can stuff the inside as you like.
The easiest way is baking in butter, to which we add cumin, salt and pepper. It also excels with root vegetables or a cream sauce.
As a side dish, you can choose potatoes in many ways , but it would also go well with a fresh homemade baguette .
For further inspiration, we still have to point out other recipes for sea fish .