Are you wondering how to use a hot air fryer? There are a lot of food recipes.
It is a universal pot that provides not only a healthy method of frying, but also baking.
What will you conjure up in it?
Come and see the most popular recipes from the hot air fryer!
Beef steak from the hot air fryer
Beef tenderloin. It’s worth it. It is full of protein and iron.
- 4 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped thyme
- 1 kg beef tall roast
- Mix the butter with the herbs in a bowl and wrap in cling film. Cool the finished herb butter in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Salt and pepper the steak on both sides.
- Fry it in a hot air fryer at 200°C for 12-14 minutes (if you want medium, of course choose a shorter time for raw).
- Turn the steak halfway through to cook it evenly.
- Finally, spread with herb butter and you can serve.
For that steak, we can recommend potatoes in an unconventional way .
Chicken cutlets from the hot air fryer
Chicken cutlets… Czech specialty and fragrant Sunday lunch. Tentoctat in a healthier, but still very tasty version.
- 2 breast fillets
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Portion the cutlets, knock them out, salt them.
- Coat in flour, egg mixed with parsley and pepper and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Fry at 200 °C for about 15 minutes.
- Turn the cutlets halfway through cooking so that they cook evenly.
- Serve drizzled with oil and with lemon slices.
Of course, an excellent potato salad goes well with a good schnitzel.
Donuts from a hot air fryer
Air fryer recipes can be as sweet as honey. America’s sweet spot. “Too bad they’re unhealthy.” You don’t have to tell yourself that anymore. Let’s fry healthier.
For the dough:
- spray oil
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- a cube of yeast
- 1 cup semi-coarse flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the vanilla frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 60 ml of milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the chocolate frosting:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 spoons of milk
For the cinnamon topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar (granulated)
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to the lukewarm milk and crumble the yeast.
- Leave to rise for about 8 minutes.
- Mix the flour with the salt.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl, add eggs, vanilla, then yeast and finally flour mixed with salt.
- Knead the dough thoroughly.
- Let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Then roll out the dough on a floured rolling pin into a roughly 1.5 cm thick pancake.
- Choose a mug with a diameter so that at least 2 donuts can fit into the fryer at the same time.
- Cut circles out of the dough, then use a smaller mug (stamper) to cut holes in the middle.
- Cover the cut donuts and leave to rise for another hour.
- Cut out a piece of baking paper, put it in the fryer container, place two donuts on it and bake at 190°C for 6 minutes.
- Do this with all the donuts.
- Finally, dip them in your chosen topping.
- How about fillings? Just make chocolate and vanilla by mixing the ingredients.
- Cinnamon is also simple. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture over the buttered donuts.
Homemade buns from the fryer
Simple and quite quickly ready butter buns. And if you still don’t know how to do it, take a look at the video recipe.
- 1 cup of milk
- 114 g of melted butter
- 60 g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 500 g plain flour
- 1 cube of yeast
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to lukewarm milk, crumble the yeast and let the leaven rise.
- Make a hole in the flour, pour the leavened yeast into it, add the rest of the sugar, salt, eggs and melted butter.
- Mix everything thoroughly into a non-sticky dough.
- Leave it to rise under a towel for about half an hour. It should be twice as big.
- Shape the dough into a circle and cut it into 16 pieces.
- Make each piece into a ball.
- Place in a deep fryer lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 160°C for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, brush with butter.
Homemade pizza bags
This Calzone, or stuffed pizza, is homemade, but you don’t have to make the pizza dough recipe. Just buy it or replace it with puff pastry.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- 60 g chicken breast (baked or fried)
- 170 g of finished pizza dough
- 90 g of grated mozzarella
- Fry the onion in hot oil, add the spinach and stew it under the lid for about a minute and a half until it wilts.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chicken cut into pieces and set aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll it into a circle shape.
- Fill each circle with the spinach mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold them in half to make half moons.
- Press the edges so that the mixture does not run out.
- Bake at 190°C for 12 minutes.
- Finally, brush with olive oil.
Or make homemade pizza dough . It is easy.
Onion rings from the hot air fryer
Want more air fryer recipes? Onion rings are a popular pub specialty with beer. They also go great with a burger.
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large sweet onion
- oil for greasing
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 spoons of mayonnaise
- 1 spoon of ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cut the onion into roughly centimeter rounds.
- Mix flour, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt.
- Put the beaten egg and water in the second bowl.
- Put the breadcrumbs in the third bowl.
- Coat the rings in flour, then in egg and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 190 °C until golden (approx. 10 minutes).
- Make the dip by mixing all the ingredients.
- Serve with dip.
Tip: Make a homemade hamburger with the onion rings.
Discover similar tips
Vegetable chips are gaining popularity due to their health benefits. Healthy snacking is the real deal.
- 3 medium sized beets
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel the beetroot, wash it and cut it into roughly 3 mm thick rounds.
- Mix them with oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake half of the batch at 160 °C for 25-30 minutes.
- Shake the frying basket every five minutes.
- Repeat the same with the second dose.
Are you craving Asian cuisine? Try the popular spring rolls filled with vegetables and shrimp.
- 2 and ½ spoons of sesame oil
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup carrots cut into thin and narrow strips
- 1 cup of red pepper cut into strips
- 120 g of peeled and gutted shrimp
- ¾ cup of pea pods cut into strips
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 spoons of fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 pieces (20×20 cm) of rice paper
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- Heat a tablespoon and a half of oil in a pan.
- Add cabbage, carrot, red pepper and saute for about a minute, minute and a half.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetable mixture with the peas, shrimp, cilantro, lime juice, red pepper and fish sauce.
- Let the rice paper soften according to the instructions on the package, and then fill it with the mixture.
- Fold it on the sides first, and then roll it so that the mixture inside holds well.
- Moisten the ends of the rice paper with water to make them stick.
- Fry 4 pieces each in the deep fryer for 6-7 minutes.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce.
Crispy fried fish
Here we have another tip for fried fish with minimal oil. It is beautifully crunchy. As a side dish, you can choose French fries, which you can also prepare in the hot air cooker .
- 500 g of cod, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 large egg
- breadcrumbs for coating
- spices (mix paprika, ginger, a pinch of nutmeg, ground cayenne pepper)
- lemon slices
- Prepare the bowls for the three-pack.
- In one flour, in the second a beaten egg and in the third breadcrumbs mixed with spices.
- Salt and pepper the fish, coat in flour, egg and finally in a mixture of breadcrumbs and spices.
- Bake in a hot air pot at a temperature of 200 °C for 6 minutes.
- Then turn the fish over and cook for another 5 minutes.
Crispy cauliflower with dip can be a great appetizer as a light dinner or snack.
- 3 spoons of ketchup
- 2 spoons of hot sauce (hot ketchup)
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- oil for greasing
- 1/4 cup (low-fat) sour cream
- 1 spoonful of crushed niva
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller florets.
- Coat them in ketchup mixed with hot ketchup and egg whites.
- Then coat them in breadcrumbs mixed with a little salt and pepper.
- Fry the first half of the cauliflower at 160°C for 20 minutes.
- Then fry the second part of the cauliflower.
- While the cauliflower is frying, prepare the dip by mixing sour cream, niva, pepper and wine vinegar.
- Coat the fried cauliflower with oil.
- Enjoy cauliflower with this dip.
We’re full of air fryer recipe ideas, aren’t we? And that’s just a handful of them.
What exactly is a hot air cooker and how does it work?
You may have already heard of the concept of healthy deep-frying. And maybe it’s news for you. A hot air cooker is an electrical appliance that works on the basis of hot circulating air. In short, it can be said that it uses so-called convection, which in the Czech translation is flow. So it is a small oven. The principle is quite simple, isn’t it?
You achieve the same mechanism as frying in oil, with the difference that you use up to 80% less oil in the hot air pot. Another huge advantage is that the smell of burnt fat does not remain after frying.
What are the other benefits of a hot air fryer?
In addition to reducing a significant amount of burnt fat, you can also praise the speed of preparation. Not only do you not have to stand by the pot and wait, but you can do other things while the food is being fried.
Personally, I appreciate the most when I don’t have to heat the whole oven. If I want to bake something, it’s in no time. In addition, electrical energy is also saved.
If you do not yet have a hot air cooker, we recommend that you carefully consider choosing one. Especially so that its size, or volume, suits you. A great bonus is if there are other accessories for it, for example in the form of a baking sheet.
You can read more in the review of hot air fryers , which provides all the necessary information leading to the selection of the right product.
Write how frying and baking in a hot air pot goes for you. And if you have your proven recipes for food in a hot air fryer, please share.