Refresh yourself during the summer days and use the recipes for homemade lemonades.
Do you enjoy combining tastes and always trying something interesting?
Do you have your favorite favorites that you can’t let go of or do you want to try something new?
Get inspired in our article and enjoy these great drinks.
Homemade cucumber lemonade
Cucumber is a popular summer ingredient in many salads and other cold dishes, but it also makes an effective face mask. However, such an ice-cold drink, the basic ingredient of which is exactly cucumber, will always please and refresh you.
By the way, have you ever tried to use cucumber for sauce, either sour or fresh? If you haven’t already, then check out easy recipes for cucumber sauces as a delicious main course .
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 – 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 salad cucumber
- 6 chemically untreated lemons
- First, we start by making a simple sugar syrup.
- Pour brown sugar into a small pot and cover with water. Half a cup is enough if we don’t want a too sweet drink, but even a whole cup won’t hurt for lovers of sweeter drinks.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Wait until the sugar has completely dissolved and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Then put it in the refrigerator while still warm and let it cool completely for about 1 hour.
- We prepare a blender, throw in a cucumber cut into slices or pieces and blend thoroughly.
- Immediately after that, we take out a bowl, put a sieve on it and pour in the cucumber, which we pass through the sieve.
- We let it drip until the pulp releases all the liquid and we fill about 75% of the cup.
- We take a pitcher, pour the liquid from the cucumbers into it, add freshly squeezed lemon juice and cooled sugar syrup.
- Add ice as desired and top up with cold water.
- When serving, we can decorate with cucumber, lemon, mint or a piece of fruit. It depends on the fantasy.
Have you got a taste for refreshing lemonade, but you don’t have many ingredients available at home? That doesn’t matter at all, because you only need three ingredients for this lemonade, which will put a smile on your face and also provide a welcome cooling effect.
It is perfectly sweet, but not overly sweet. It will be the perfect drink for a summer barbecue, but you can easily drink it all year round.
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 6 – 8 large, chemically untreated lemons
- 5 cups of clean water
- Pour 2 cups of water into a small saucepan, add cane sugar and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then set aside and let cool at room temperature.
- In the meantime, squeeze the juice from the lemons and strain through a sieve into a larger jug.
- Add boiled water with sugar and mix thoroughly with lemon juice.
- Let cool undiluted.
- Before serving, pour 3 cups of ice-cold water into the pitcher.
- Stir and serve.
- We can also add ice cubes with lemon slices or a mint leaf.
When you’re craving a delicious drink that refreshes you in hot weather, it’s worth trying fresh ginger as an ingredient. The drink will be sweet, but at the same time spicy.
Ice cubes will emphasize the resulting taste of the entire drink. Ginger is mostly used in the winter months to prepare warm tea, which warms and also acts as a cold prevention.
- 4 large chemically untreated lemons
- 3 cm of fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups of ice-cold water
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Wash each lemon together with a piece of ginger, let it drain for a while and then dry it with a kitchen towel.
- Cut the lemons in half and squeeze all the juice out of them using a citrus press.
- Grate the ginger and put it in a glass bowl.
- Add lemon juice, sprinkle with sugar and cover everything with ice water.
- Stir thoroughly to dissolve the sugar completely.
- Then we prepare a jug, put a sieve or colander on it and strain everything through it.
- Using a spatula, push through the pieces of flesh so that all the juice flows.
- For perfection, all you have to do is throw in some ice cubes and garnish with fresh mint leaves when serving.
Discover similar tips
Raspberries have a completely unmistakable taste and aroma. They are great not only for sweet pastries, but are also used in the preparation of drinks. The recipe is very simple and the resulting drink is delicious.
- 10 – 12 chemically untreated lemons
- 350 g of fresh raspberries (or 1 bag of frozen)
- 5 – 6 cups of chilled water
- 1 cup cane sugar
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- First, prepare a blender and pour raspberries into it.
- Add 1/3 of freshly squeezed lemon juice and turn on to the highest setting.
- Let it mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Then place a fine sieve on a larger bowl and pour the contents of the blender into it.
- Using a ladle, push through circular movements everything that will pass through the sieve.
- Put the sieve aside and pour the rest of the lemon juice into the bowl.
- Sprinkle cane sugar, cover with water and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- If the lemonade is too sweet, add a little more lemon juice, otherwise sweeten it.
- When serving, put ice in each glass and fill with lemonade.
- Garnish with a piece of lemon, raspberries and fresh mint leaves.
- In the cold of the refrigerator, the lemonade will last for several days.
Strawberry flavored drink
If you have children, then this recipe for a summer strawberry drink will definitely come in handy. Kids love it and it’s popular among adults too. The fact that we can make do with just four ingredients is also an advantage.
- 500 g of fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 5 cups of cold water
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Remove the stems from the strawberries, halve them, rinse them and pour them into a blender or into the container of a food processor.
- If we don’t want to have lumps in our drink, we need to strain the blended strawberries through a sieve using a ladle, a wooden spoon or perhaps a tablespoon. Set aside.
- Prepare a small pot, pour brown sugar into it, pour 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain the lemon juice through a sieve into a jug, add the cooled sugar syrup and add the blended strawberries.
- Stir to combine and refrigerate.
- Before serving, add the remaining cold water, stir and serve.
- If the drink is too sweet, dilute it with more water.
- Put ice in the glasses and fill them with ready-made lemonade.
Summer without watermelon is the same as strawberries without whipped cream, simply unthinkable. It has its own specific taste and is an excellent refreshment on its own, especially when it is ice cold. We can consume it as it is or just use it to prepare a great summer drink.
- 4 slices of fresh watermelon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 chemically untreated lemons + 1 for garnish
- 2 cups soda or sparkling water
- 3 cups of ice cubes
- Add the diced and peeled watermelon to the blender.
- Sprinkle with sugar and mix as much as possible.
- Transfer the watermelon puree to a jug, add lemon juice, lemon slices and ice.
- Mix thoroughly and serve chilled.
Tips for making the best homemade lemonades
Homemade drinks taste best, although a few simple tweaks can often help to make everything even better and tastier. What tips have we prepared for you?
- For example, it is a good idea to soften a lemon before cutting it. Just roll it a little on the table with your hand and squeezing out the juice will be much easier.
- It is not good to combine a large amount of herbs, because they will beat each other and their unique taste will disappear.
- Those who want to try drinks made from fresh yeast must keep in mind that they are quite bloated and prefer to choose, for example, wine yeast.
- Herbal teas tend to spoil, so it is definitely not a good idea to prepare them in large quantities. Always only what we can currently drink.
- When using fruit in drinks, it is a good idea to remove all the stones, even if they are tiny. Otherwise, the drink will be unpleasantly bitter.