Baked pork knuckle dishes are very simple to prepare.
You don’t need any exotic spices or special gastronomic containers.
When you want to prepare something extraordinary from the standard snacks at a barbecue event, do not hesitate to come up with this type of pub dish.
That’s why we’ve prepared these easy and tasty recipes for roasted pork knuckle.
Roasted pork knuckle with honey
Delicious honey glaze combined with tasty pork. Don’t be afraid to try!
- 2 fresh pork knuckles
- 200 ml of ginger beer or ginger lemonade
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 small lemons, sliced
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- Place the pork knuckles in a deep baking dish and cover with ginger ale.
- Add thyme sprigs, sliced lemon and 3/4 honey.
- Cover and bake at 180°C for 80 minutes.
- After the cooking time is up, remove the pot from the oven and also remove the pork knuckles from the baking dish.
- Place the container in which the knees were placed on the stove.
- Over medium heat, let the liquid reduce until it resembles a syrup.
- Finally, add the knees and coat them in the resulting syrup.
- Serve the pork knees with vegetables or mashed potatoes, drizzle with the remaining honey and serve.
Roast knee on beer
One of the specialties you must try. The preparation is easy and the result is definitely worth it. Beer with this dish will only underline the great flavors of the roasted knee.
- 2 pork knees
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 8 spoons of mustard
- salt pepper
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 6 balls of allspice
- 3 to 4 bay leaves
- 2 large onions
- sprig of rosemary or juniper
- 500 ml of dark beer
- roux or bread for thickening
- First, cut the skin on the knee diagonally with a sharp knife into a grid.
- Fill the grate with crushed garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, cumin and paprika.
- Put the meat in a saucepan and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (but preferably overnight).
- It is also possible to remove the knee joint before preparation and, if it is seasoned with spices, tie it tightly with a string.
- After a while, add fresh spices and bay leaves, sprinkle with finely chopped onions, add a sprig of rosemary or juniper and pour beer.
- Cover with aluminum and bake for about 180 hours at 200-200 ° C for about 1.5 hours.
- Baste with water and sauce from time to time.
- Remove the aluminum cover and bake uncovered for another 30 minutes to crisp the meat.
- Remove the pork knuckle from the pot, drain the sauce and remove the spices.
- If necessary, dilute the sauce, thicken it with roux or bread and mix with a blender.
- Serve with bread, horseradish, cucumber, or you can also eat it with potato dumpling and spinach.
- And definitely wash it down with a glass of beer!
And what side dish to add to the baked pork knuckle? Don’t hesitate to try these unique sweet potato recipes!
Discover similar tips
Precooked roast knee
Yes, crispy and delicious. This is exactly what our recipe below can offer you, so enjoy!
- 2 roast knees
- 1 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 juniper berries
- 1 large onion, peeled, diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot, add 2 teaspoons salt, chopped onion, pepper, bay leaf and juniper berries.
- Lower the heat so the water is still hot but not smoking and submerge the pork knuckles. It should be completely under water.
- Let them cook for approximately 90 minutes. The water should not boil or boil.
- After 90 minutes, use tongs to remove the pork knuckles from the water and use a sharp knife to cut the skin into a diamond shape.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and rub the knees with cumin and salt.
- Then place them on the baking rack and bake for about 90 minutes.
- Turn the pork knees after 45 minutes.
- For the last 5 to 10 minutes, you can switch the oven function to grill to make the skin on the meat crispy.
- Serve with a tasty side dish!
You can also prepare an excellent roast knee by adding steam during baking. We mentioned this in the test of domestic steam combi ovens .
Marinated pork knee
A tasty variant of marinated pork for the grilling season. It tastes best with beer and friends. Go for it!
- 1 cup of olive oil
- zest of 2 lemons
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 8 large cloves of garlic, sliced
- 4 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup whole rosemary leaves plus 12 sprigs
- 2 pork knees
- In a deep pan over medium heat, mix the oil and all the spices except the rosemary sprigs.
- Add the knees and sear them on all sides. Then cover and let cool and marinate for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to 200°C.
- Place the pork knuckles on a rack and grill over direct heat for 10 minutes, turning as needed, until browned.
- Place the pan with the spices and oil in which the knees were marinated on an indirect heat area.
- Place roast pork knees in pan and turn every 20 to 30 minutes to expose each part to heat until meat reaches 140° in thickest part, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours; rosemary may fall.
- Then let the pork knees rest for 15 minutes. After this time you can serve immediately.
The barbecue season is a beautiful time when many friends meet for a good meal and enjoy the time together. Try some tips for grilled treats from foil!
The reputation of the pork knee
Pork knuckle is typically pub food, and that simply adds to its popularity without a doubt. Just like a pusher, this killer treat has advertising everywhere you look. Moreover, it cannot be said that this is a food typical of a specific period.
But pork knuckle? Why not. Such a grilled knee is a classic delicacy intended for the garden grill. In the summer, with marinade and beer in the evening in the garden, who wouldn’t…
Pork knuckle will always be one of the cheaper types of pork, and a large part of its preparation lies mainly in its seasoning. There are many recipes for pork knuckle in stout beer, in honey, in wild spices and many others.