Roasted beetroot will retain its beautiful color and taste.
After that, this raw material can be used almost anywhere and it won’t spoil anything.
Check out the recipes we have prepared for you.
We hope you pick something up and enjoy.
Beetroot baked in foil in the oven
Has this delicacy ever landed on your plate in the form of a salad? Roasted beetroot goes perfectly with pecans and goat cheese. Try this recipe rich in anthocyanins.
For the roasted beets:
- 1-2 large beets
- olive oil
- fresh thyme
For the topping:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey or agave syrup
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- pinch of salt
For the salad:
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbs
- ¼ cup pecans (halved)
- ½ large avocado
- 8-10 cups of baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Wash the beets thoroughly, dry them, cut off the tough ends and place them on a baking sheet. Prepare pieces of aluminum foil for each beet, in which you will wrap it.
- Brush it with oil, salt, pepper, sprinkle with thyme, wrap in aluminum foil and bake until soft. It takes 1 to 2 hours (depending on the size of the beet).
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients.
- Once the beets are cooked, let them cool, peel them and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Mix the beets together with the spinach, goat cheese, pecans, diced avocado and drizzle with the dressing.
- Mix and serve.
You can find the video recipe here:
Tip: If you are used to snacking on crunchy pieces of bread with your salads, try baking an excellent homemade baguette .
Amazing roasted beetroot soup
Have you ever had Roasted Beetroot Soup? You will enjoy the delicious creamy consistency and rich taste. The advantage is that it is also ideal for vegans and vegetarians.
- 500 g of beetroot (about 4 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 stalk of celery
- 4 and ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dill
- salt and pepper
- white yogurt (for vegans, for example, soy)
- dill for sprinkling
- Wash the beetroot, peel it and cut it into smaller pieces.
- Brush with a tablespoon of oil, place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 200°C for about 30 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and slice the celery.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and celery. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the roasted beets, pour in the stock, season and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped dill and blend the soup with a stick blender.
- He serves the soup drizzled with yogurt and garnished with dill.
In addition to anthocyanins, natural pigments that carry many benefits for the human body, beets also contain a lot of antioxidants. These have effects in the form of slowing down oxidative stress, the aging process and mainly protect against free radicals.
Discover similar tips
Roasted beetroot in the form of hummus
If you like hummus-style vegetable spreads, then don’t hesitate to try this one. This version is without tahini or sesame paste. At the same time, it brings a great compromise for all those who cannot indulge in spreads containing milk.
- 2 medium-sized beets
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 and ¼ tins of chickpeas (approx. 500 g)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 spoon of licorice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Wash the beetroot, dry and drizzle with olive oil.
- Do the same with the garlic clove and cut off the top so that the individual cloves can be seen.
- Light both in foil and bake in the oven.
- Bake at 190°C, after 30 minutes take out the finished garlic, after 1 hour the beets.
- After baking, peel the beets and garlic.
- Cut the beet into smaller pieces.
- Put everything in a blender together with chickpeas, lemon juice, cumin, salt and sugar.
- Blend until smooth.
- During the mixing process, pour the olive oil in portions.
- You can store excess spread in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
You can also bake roasted beets by adding steam. This way you get a nutritionally rich dish. Check out our review of home convection ovens . You will learn, among other things, what else he can do.
Roasted beetroot with cheese
This recipe will certainly not disappoint you both visually and in terms of taste. We recommend using it as a festive appetizer, but also as a light dinner. If you don’t like the taste of goat cheese, you can replace it with Lucina. With honey and pistachios, roasted beetroot creates an irresistible treat.
- 900 g of beetroot
- 300 g of goat (or other, e.g. Lučina) cheese at room temperature
- 4 leaves of fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- ¾ teaspoon of honey
- chopped pistachios
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Wrap the washed and dried beets individually in aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 1 hour until soft.
- Peel the cooled beetroot and cut it into horizontal slices in the shape of a circle (about 6 mm thick).
- If you want the beets to look symmetrical, use a round cookie cutter and cut them out.
- Prepare the filling by mixing sage with parsley and goat cheese.
- Add honey, pepper and salt to taste.
- You can layer the finished filling.
- Make a sandwich out of each beet, then decorate it with chopped nuts and drizzle with olive oil.
Beetroot is not only a very healthy food, but also irreplaceable in taste.
It goes well with soups, appetizers, salads, spreads, but also sweet desserts.
Which combination caught your eye? So start preparing with joy.