Rosehip sauce goes especially well with game.
Everyone knows wild boar with rose hip sauce, but certainly not everyone has been lucky enough to taste it.
We will offer you variants that you can prepare even without game.
Which one is most appealing to you?
Wild boar with rosehip sauce
Wild boar with rosehip sauce is simply a classic that will not disappoint.
- 1 kg wild boar (thigh or shoulder)
- 100 g of bacon
- 2 dl red wine
- 30 g of butter
- 30 g plain flour
- 100 g of rosehip marmalade
- a little lemon zest and juice
- 10 g of sugar
For the stain:
- 120 g of carrots, celery and parsley
- 2 onions
- whole black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- lemon peel
- 1 dl of vinegar
- 500 ml of water
- Clean the meat.
- Clean the carrot, celery, onion and parsley and cut them into cubes.
- Put everything together with the other ingredients for the mordant.
- Boil, let cool, then pour the marinade over the meat and let it sit for 3-5 days.
- Turn the meat every day so that it loses its specific smell.
- After the soaking time, remove the vegetables from the soak and fry them on bacon-
- Add the meat, salt, cover with broth or hot water and let it simmer.
- Alternately pour water (stock), mordant and wine.
- When the meat is soft, put it aside and thicken the sauce with a mixture of butter and flour.
- Add rosehip jam, lemon zest and juice, sugar, salt and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Slice the meat and serve with your favorite side dish.
Simple rose hip cream sauce
Thanks to the rosehip jam, the preparation of this sauce is considerably shorter. Do you eat it with a piece of boiled or roasted meat?
- 1 shallot
- approx. 2 dl of meat broth
- 3 tablespoons of rosehip jam
- 50 g of dried cranberries as needed
- 2 dl whipping cream
- parsley for garnish
- Fry the shallot in butter until translucent and cover with broth.
- Add rosehip jam, dried cranberries, salt, pepper, add cream and cook until thick.
Discover similar tips
Rosehip sauce with cream and veal liver
And here we have a recipe for rose hip sauce with veal liver. And if you don’t like liver, feel free to make it with another piece of your favorite meat.
- 600 g calf’s liver
- 2-4 shallots
- a little oil
- 3 peppers or hot peppers (spicy)
- 200 ml of whipping cream
- lemon peel
- 2 spoons of rosehip marmalade
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- Wash the liver, dry it, cut it and coat it in flour.
- Fry in a little oil.
- When the liver is ready, fry the shallots in the same pot, add the hot peppers, mustard, grated lemon peel and cover with cream.
- Add the rose hip marmalade at the end.
- Season with salt and pepper.
You can see the recipe for rose hip sauce with veal liver here:
Homemade rose hip jam for sauce
You can make mountains of rose hip sauce out of this marmalade. But you can also use it in other ways.
- 1 kg rosehips
- ¼ liter of apple juice
- 10 g of citrus pectin
- 800 g of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Wash the arrows, remove the stalks, cut them in half and scoop out the pulp.
- Then thoroughly clean all the arrows several times.
- Pour the rose hips into a wide pot and cover with juice, or add water to keep them submerged.
- Cook until tender, then blend with an immersion blender.
- Boil with sugar mixed with pectin until stiff.
Rosehip sauce for the doll
Serve with grilled pork and mashed potatoes.
- 250 g of beef broth
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 120 g of rosehip jam
For the doll:
- 800 g of pork tenderloin
- olive oil
- grinded pepper
- Make a broth out of butter and flour, then pour the broth over it and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Allow to boil for 10 minutes, add jam and add salt.
- Wash the meat, dry it and cut it into 4 parts.
- Season with salt, pepper and drizzle with oil.
- Grill it on both sides (2-3 minutes on each side).
- Bake in the oven heated to 200 °C for 8 minutes (measure the temperature of the meat).
The recipe for rose hip sauce with beef is a great option that you can serve together with homemade bun dumplings .
Rose hips are rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C and K. They have a distinctly sour taste, but they are still very popular for preparing homemade rosehip tea , but they can also be used to make the already mentioned marmalade, syrup, wine or just so dry. You can also try the recipe for sauce with rosehips and white wine .
And how will you use this miracle of nature?
Will you try any of the rosehip sauce recipes?
Write how she did.