Until recently, salmon was a delicacy of the middle and upper classes, but over time, its excellent meat has taken up residence in all kitchens.
It is the most popular fish with a delicate taste, with tender and juicy meat.
Its meat contains a high proportion of substances that take care of strong bones and teeth, good digestion, is a prevention against blood circulation diseases, strengthens the nerves and supports healthy skin, nails and hair.
It is therefore advisable that we include salmon, along with other fish, in our diet at least once a month.
Therefore, get inspired by our 7 best salmon recipes and enjoy.
Fried salmon in butter
Preparing salmon in butter is really lightning fast. In addition, it is delicious and the herbs used give the fish a delicate taste.
- Salmon fillets (150-200 g per person)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- A sprig of rosemary
- Fresh parsley
- Rub the salmon and salt and season with freshly ground pepper and rosemary on both sides.
- Then let the fillets rest. 1-2 hours is enough.
- Put a tablespoon or two of butter on a non-stick pan, add a tablespoon of oil and cook the salmon for about 5 minutes on each side, turning occasionally.
- Finally, sprinkle the finished salmon with fresh parsley.
- Serve, for example, with lemon, mashed potatoes and vegetable salad.
Do not rinse the salmon. Especially if it is a sea fish – tap water can spoil the structure and worsen the resulting taste. If you want to clean it, use a dry paper towel.
A Teflon pan would be perfect for preparing salmon. See how Teflon pans fared in our test .
Baked salmon in a tin foil oven
Baking in the oven has all the positives – it’s healthy, easy, and the dish retains almost all the juices and also all the aromas released from the bunch of herbs.
- 2 bunches of herbs for fish (dill, tarragon, parsley, thyme)
- 2 salmon fillets (150-200 g)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small zucchini, cut into slices
- 2 sprigs of cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 spring onion, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- First, preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Season the salmon portions with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Spread the vegetables in a piece of aluminum foil, which you salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salmon in the middle on top of the vegetables, add a bunch of herbs, add lemon and drizzle olive oil.
- Wrap the tins and move them to the tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the fillets.
- Serve the finished salmon fillets wrapped in foil so that everyone can unwrap their package themselves.
What are the benefits of steam cooking? If you are interested in this topic, we mentioned it in the built-in steam pipe review . Look at!
Grilled marinated salmon
Grilled fish is one of the very popular, quick and frequently chosen recipes of most grill owners. Their great advantage is very simple and quick preparation, and the low caloric value of the food.
- 4 skinless salmon steaks
- 4 slices of lemon
- Ground black pepper
- 50 ml of rum
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Provence spice
- 1 spoon of honey
- 2 spoons of soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Peel the garlic, press it and rub it with salt, pepper and Provencal spices.
- Mix rum with lemon juice, soy sauce and honey.
- Then mix with the garlic-herb paste and coat the salmon steaks on both sides with this marinade.
- Dry the aged salmon steaks, put a lemon wedge on them and wrap them individually in aluminum foil, which you brush with olive oil beforehand.
- Grill the fish prepared in this way for approximately 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve marinated grilled salmon with pastries, vegetables and a variety of dips.
Discover similar tips
Pan-fried salmon with cream and spinach
Roasted salmon is a good tip for a simple and quick lunch. In addition, with the spinach base, it will be heaven in your mouth.
- 4 servings of skinless salmon
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 450 g of frozen spinach leaves
- 1 onion
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
- Wash the skinless salmon portions, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut into fine cubes.
- Allow the frozen spinach leaves to soften and then chop coarsely.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil, stir in the spinach, season with salt and pepper and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- When the juice dries up, pour in the cream and reheat for a while.
- Fry salmon on both sides in butter.
- Serve the finished salmon with warm creamed spinach.
- Roasted potatoes or gnocchi are a suitable accompaniment to this dish.
Differently prepared potatoes go well with the salmon in the mentioned preparations – fries, boiled or mash. We can also serve smaller types of pasta or the aforementioned gnocchi with steamed salmon.
Try this recipe for salmon with hollandaise sauce. It is easy and you will surely enjoy it.
- 2 salmon fillets
- Salt pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt pepper
- 100g of melted butter
- First, clean the salmon with a paper towel. Salt and pepper both sides.
- Then fry the salmon in butter and oil. Fry it for 5 minutes on both sides.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking egg yolks, salt, pepper, lemon juice and wine in a water bath. Beat the mixture into a thick foam.
- Remove from the water bath and finally pour the butter into the thick foam, stirring constantly.
- You can add herbs to your hollandaise sauce to suit your taste.
- Serve the finished salmon topped with hollandaise sauce.
Salmon with lemon sauce
If you want to make your salmon special, try preparing it with a lemon sauce. It’s delicious, fresh and you’ll want it again and again.
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3 spoons + 1 spoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh parsley
- Lemon slices for garnish
- After removing the fillets from the refrigerator, let them rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic-lemon butter sauce by melting 1 teaspoon of the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the garlic and sauté until golden brown (1-2 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock and finally the lemon juice.
- Let the sauce simmer until reduced by half (about 3 minutes). Stir in the butter, honey and set the sauce aside.
- Dry both sides of the salmon with paper towels, salt and pepper them on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the salmon for about 4 minutes on one side and 5-6 minutes on the other side.
- Pour lemon sauce over the finished salmon fillets, sprinkle with parsley and garnish with a lemon slice.
Salmon with dill dressing
Attention dill lovers! We have a wonderful and luxurious recipe for salmon with dill sauce. The ingredients are for 4 servings and cooking will take no more than 30 minutes.
- 4-6 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 spoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 spoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill (+ for garnish)
- A pinch of pepper
- Milk for dilution (as needed)
- First, preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a large tray with baking paper.
- Salt and pepper the salmon on both sides and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, honey, lemon juice, garlic and dried dill. Pour the sauce over the salmon and finally place the lemon slices on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then switch to the grill and grill for 3-5 minutes until the edges begin to darken.
- While baking, prepare the sauce by mixing Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill and pepper. Add the milk by spoonfuls until the mixture is smooth and thin enough.
- Pour dill sauce over the finished salmon, garnish with black pepper, lemon slices and fresh dill.
Characteristics of salmon meat
Salmon is a predatory fish that lives most of its life in the sea, but which needs freshwater streams to ensure the next generation.
Therefore, in adulthood, it makes long moves upstream. However, water structures interfere with its natural life cycle, so salmon is among the protected fish in our country. So we don’t catch salmon and have to make do with imported salmon on ice.
Salmon meat is excellent on its own, so some of the gentler treatments that do not spoil its taste are the most suitable. That is why salmon is most often roasted, grilled or baked, rarely stewed.
Of course, it can also be fried, but frying it in different packages takes away its taste. Before any modification, we salt and season it.
You don’t need to season too much because the salmon meat has an excellent flavor that doesn’t need to be modified too much.
A final tip
The salmon goes best with variously prepared potatoes, a vegetable salad and some of the hot or cold sauces.
If you fancy other types of fish, be inspired by our grilled fish recipes .
Do you already have salmon on your plate? Show off to your friends and share the recipe on Facebook!