Are you a fan of dill sauce and are you looking for other interesting recipes with dill?
You can find great inspiration in our article, where we have a selection of the best delicacies for you.
This aromatic plant has many positives for our health, but also a specific and completely unmistakable taste.
Invite your friends to a small social party and prepare a dill feast for them.
Cabbage salad with dill
Do you know what is essential about coleslaw with dill? It has to stay crunchy, otherwise it’s just not the same, even if its taste was more one-day.
This is why no kitchen should be without a spinner salad bowl. Take a look at the sauces with dill , where you can be inspired to prepare a main course with this aromatic herb.
- 500 g Savoy cabbage
- 1 medium onion
- 250 g fennel (peeled and chopped)
- 1 salad cucumber
- Salt to taste (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 spoons of poppy seeds
- Cut the cabbage, fennel and onion very thin individually.
- Place the cabbage, onion and fennel in three separate bowls and cover with ice water.
- Let it stand for about 30 minutes and then put the vegetables in a salad spinner.
- Dry thoroughly and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the salad cucumber, salt and also add cold water.
- After 30 minutes, drain and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, whisk the crème fraîche with the vinegar until it has a thick consistency.
- Then add dill, poppy seeds, cabbage, onion, fennel and cucumber.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.
- If you want, you can also add a pinch of ground black pepper or dried chili.
Lemon dill sauce
Classic dill is our specialty, but it never hurts to try something different. This recipe is a perfect choice for grilled or baked vegetables, but also for salad, stewed artichokes, or meat. If we store it in an airtight container and put it in the fridge, it will last up to 4 days.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (ideally full-fat)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of chemically untreated lemon juice
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, onion powder and dill in a small bowl.
- Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Then we transfer it to a container and store it in the cold.
Egg spread with jalapeño pepper
If you’ve only liked dill sauce until now, then you’ll love this simple dill spread. It has an interesting taste, it is spicy and it is definitely not desired right away. In addition, it doesn’t have to be just a spread, but it can also be used as a light salad.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 small red onion
- 2 stalks of celery stalks
- 1 Jalapeño pepper
- 4 tablespoons of fresh dill
- Juice from 1/2 chemically untreated lemon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of dried garlic
- A pinch of ground four-color pepper (if you don’t have it, you can use black)
- Salt to taste
- Hard-boil the eggs, remove the shell and cut into cubes.
- Peel the onion and cut it into very fine pieces together with the stalks of celery, pepper and dill.
- Put all the chopped ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, add Greek yogurt, mustard, garlic and mix.
- Finally, salt and pepper to taste.
- Served with toasted bread, fresh pastries or on salty biscuits.
- This spread tastes great even if it is served, for example, on an ice salad and you just bite into it with fresh bread, which you will appreciate when you don’t have time to spread it on anything.
Do you love eggs? See reviews of egg cookers . Are they real helpers?
Discover similar tips
Dill salmon tartare
I’m sure you’ll agree that beef tartare is an old classic that many people can’t resist, and when they get really first-class beef, they like to indulge in it.
But have you tried salmon tartare with apples, cucumber and dill yet? If not yet, then it’s about time.
- 300 g of fresh salmon fillet (without skin and bones)
- 1 apple
- 1/2 salad cucumber
- 2 mussels
- 1/2 sprig of dill
- Sea salt to taste
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 125 g crème fraîche
- 1 chemically untreated lemon
- 3 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- We start by finely slicing the salmon fillet.
- Wash the apple and cucumber and cut both into small cubes.
- Remove the mussels from the shell and chop into fine pieces.
- Rinse the dill, pluck it, put a few pieces aside for decoration and finely chop the rest.
- Put the salmon, apple, cucumber and dill in a bowl.
- Salt, pepper and add olive oil.
- Mix everything thoroughly, fill into three identical molds or bowls and set aside for now.
- In a small bowl, mix crème fraîche, lemon zest and juice, a pinch of pepper and a little salt.
- Cut the bread according to the size of the molds or bowls with salmon.
- Melt the butter in a pan and toast the bread on both sides.
- Put the toasted breads on a plate and flip one tartar on each one.
- Decorate the surface with a little mixture of crème fraîche and a piece of dill.
Greek Orzo Salad
Greek cuisine has its own specific taste and certainly does not skimp on ingredients. Even ordinary pasta with dill is able to be raised to a high level by the gourmets there, adding so many great flavors that you will have a real gourmet orgasm. Orzo salad is exactly like that.
- 1 1/2 cups Orzo pasta
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- Juice and zest of 1/2 chemically untreated lemon
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/4 cup minced clams
- 1/2 salad cucumber
- 1/2 fresh red pepper (or 2 roasted peppers)
- 1/3 cup chopped dill
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/3 cup halved Kalamata olives
- Ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the chickpeas and let them drain.
- Prepare the pasta exactly according to the instructions on the package. It must be al dente.
- When they are done, drain them and rinse them under cold water.
- Put the drained chickpeas in a bowl, add lemon zest and juice and salt.
- Cut the red onion into the finest cubes and add to the bowl with the chickpeas.
- Cut the cucumber and red pepper into cubes.
- Chop the herbs and add them to the onion and other ingredients together with the cucumber and pepper.
- Sprinkle the pasta, add olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and mix.
- Add oregano, feta cheese crumbs, black olives and ground black pepper.
- Mix everything thoroughly and let it cool. Then we can serve.
Dill soup with cucumbers
If you have only consumed the classics so far and had no idea about this recipe, then this appetizer will pleasantly surprise you. Cucumbers will give the whole dish the right twist and your taste buds will jump with joy.
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 kg peeled potatoes (cut into quarters)
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 large bunch of dill
- 1/2 cube of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 cups of pickle
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 sliced pickles
- Put the stock, potatoes, carrots and butter in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the potatoes are soft, add the cucumbers and let them cook.
- Mix flour, sour cream and water in a bowl and whisk into the soup.
- Pour in the marinade, sprinkle with salt and spices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then set aside and serve immediately.
Dill – how to grow it and what to use it for?
This very aromatic herb has a specific taste and, in addition to its health benefits, is a favorite part of many interesting dishes.
Dill sauce or soup is a classic, but it is also excellent with fish, egg dishes, potatoes, possibly salads and chicken.
Since it is an undemanding one-year-old, almost anyone can grow it. The best time for sowing is right after the frozen men. Otherwise, it can be sown during the summer.
It needs enough water, otherwise it will grow into a dwarf plant that will bloom immediately and will have almost no leaves. It can also be grown on the balcony. We just have to make sure it’s not planted near the fennel. Otherwise, we will have completely useless hybrids.
Tip: Do you know dill bath? It is great for hair and nails. Just pour 1 tablespoon of crushed dill seeds with a cup of boiling water and let it infuse for about 4-6 hours.
Then drain and then rinse your hair with this infusion, or soak your fingertips in the solution for 10 minutes.
What is Savoy Cabbage?
Savoy cabbage is a low-calorie vegetable that can be eaten cooked as well as fresh. It is rich in potassium and other minerals, and also contains vitamins C, K and A.
We classify it in the genus Brassica. Brussels sprouts and broccoli are also in this group. Compared to classic cabbage, it differs mainly in appearance. It has leaves in several shades of green. They are curly and wrinkled.
At first glance, they look hard, but on the contrary, they are very soft even in their raw state. Perfect for freshly prepared salads.
Also for various vegetable or meat rolls. It will also serve perfectly as a base when preparing fish, rice and other appetizers.
What is good to know about Jalapeño peppers (Capsicum annuum)
They are one of the most popular and, on a global scale, the best-known hot peppers, which are originally from Mexico. The heat of individual types of peppers is expressed in Scoville units.
This species has between 2,500 and 8,000 of them. So it is definitely not one of the hottest. These Pepper X peppers have up to 3,180,000 SHU, and that’s quite a value.
They have a wide range of uses, whether in sauces or just for grilling with meat. Mayonnaise can be flavored with them, but we can also fry them in a pan. Stuffed peppers are especially popular, and the cheese filling is especially popular.
Jalapeños contain manganese, flavonoids and vitamins of group B, but also A and C. The most effective substance is capsaicin, which makes peppers hot.
It is definitely a type of vegetable that has a beneficial effect on colds, as cancer prevention, but it also has antibacterial effects. Their consumption is also recommended for people with diabetes, and they also help with weight loss.