Why were we taught to eat spinach when we were little? And why is a spinach smoothie the ideal way to supply the body with the necessary vitamins?
And how to prepare an extra healthy and at the same time extra tasty spinach smoothie?
In our article you will find 4 recipes for spinach smoothies!
Spinach smoothie with carrots
If you need a good “kick” in the morning, then you might be interested in this recipe. You can already see from the name that your body will thank you for it.
Accompanied by apple, ginger and other ingredients, you probably can’t imagine anything much healthier than this spinach smoothie. Check out the recipe.
- 50 g of fresh spinach
- 6 medium-sized carrots
- A small piece of ginger
- 2 apples
- 1 banana
- 100 ml of quality orange juice
- Water as needed
- Cut the grated carrot, ginger and apples into pieces.
- Place in a blender and add the mashed banana and juice.
- Mix and add water as needed and mix again for a while.
Both carrots and spinach are great for the eyes, spinach is also good for your bones or your thyroid (have you tried steamed spinach for example? ).
Smoothie with spinach and strawberries
If you don’t want to start with the “greenest and healthiest” options, try a spinach smoothie with strawberries. In this case, the mix of fruits and vegetables is very pleasant and your taste buds will definitely appreciate it.
- 3 full handfuls of baby spinach
- 6 large strawberries
- 1 and ½ banana
- 2 tangerines
- 220 ml of water
- Place all the water ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add water gradually depending on how thick you want the smoothie to be.
- Serve chilled or with ice.
Discover similar tips
Baby spinach smoothie with grapes
For those who like to exercise and want to get all their energy in a healthy way, the following smoothie recipe is perfect for moments before or after training. It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle.
In the sense that you want to do something for your body so that, in addition to exercise, it also has enough of the necessary nutrients and vitamins. And what’s more, you’ll be happy to come back to this treat! How to do it?
- 200 g of baby spinach
- 400 ml of almond milk
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 30 balls of white grape wine
- 40 g of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- First, blend the spinach with the almond milk.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients except the cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and sprinkle with cinnamon.
In this case, you will not even know that you are drinking anything from spinach. It’s a great way to get started with healthy spinach and stop fearing it. Let’s face it, it’s an ingredient that still turns many people off. But the combination with banana and peanut butter is more than cool.
- 1 heaping handful of baby spinach (roughly 60 g)
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon of peanut butter
- 250 milliliters of soy milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add almond milk or a little water as needed.
Soy milk can also be replaced with coconut or almond milk.
Vitamins and minerals in spinach
- Vitamin A – Spinach is high in carotenoids, which your body can convert into vitamin A.
- Vitamin C – this vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that supports skin health and immune function.
- Vitamin K1 – this vitamin is essential for blood clotting. One leaf of spinach contains more than half of our daily requirement.
- Folic acid – also known as folate or vitamin B9, this compound is vital for pregnant women and necessary for normal cell function and tissue growth.
- Iron – Spinach is an excellent source of this essential mineral. Iron helps make hemoglobin, which carries oxygen to your body’s tissues.
- Calcium – this mineral is essential for bone health and a key molecule for our nervous system, heart and muscles.
- Spinach also contains several other vitamins and minerals, including potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B6, B9, and E.