Did you know that turkey is one of the healthiest meats?
Not only for that reason, it is advisable to include it in your diet.
Get inspired by our stewed turkey recipes and treat yourself to a healthy and tasty meal in several variations.
Turkey meat with carrots
Pork with carrots is such a nice classic. What to try instead of pork and turkey? Stewed carrots sweeten the whole dish perfectly and believe me, you will love it.
- turkey meat – from breast or thighs
- 1 carrot
- 1 handful of green peas
- a cup of sweet cream
- Fry the chopped onion in oil and add the washed and diced turkey meat.
- Salt it.
- Add the peas and chopped carrots and slowly simmer until soft.
- At the end, add sweet cream.
Turkey wings with herb sauce
A unique and at the same time simple dish that combines juicy turkey wings with a delicious homemade sauce. Perfect as a great weekend treat that won’t break the bank.
- 1.5 kg of turkey wings
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Clean and wash the meat thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sear the meat on all sides.
- Remove the meat from the pan.
- Transfer it to a paper towel.
- Add the tomato puree, onion and garlic to the same pan.
- Cook until the mixture is fragrant.
- Return the meat to the pan.
- Mix it up.
- Add the cornstarch and mix again.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and Cajun seasoning.
- Add water, Worcestershire sauce, rice vinegar and mix well.
- Add herbs.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Then uncover and let the sauce thicken.
- Serve with rice.
Stewed turkey meat on vegetables
Fiber is essential for proper bowel function. So definitely don’t skimp on it. The combination of tomatoes, peppers and cream is delicious, come and try it with us!
- turkey meat – breast or thighs
- sweet cream
- Fry the finely chopped onion in a saucepan.
- Add the washed and diced turkey.
- Salt and pepper everything.
- Add the diced peppers and tomatoes.
- Simmer slowly until tender.
- Lastly, add sweet cream to the finished dish, cook for a short while and you can serve.
Discover similar tips
Turkey stew with white wine
This rich and hearty turkey stew is the perfect winter meal to warm you up. Thanks to the thick broth and the combination of meat, peas and potatoes, it will surely become your favorite dish.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 boneless turkey leg 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 stalks of fresh parsley and more for garnish
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 spoons of soy sauce
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 6 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 cups turkey stock
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Season the turkey leg well with salt and pepper.
- Add to the pot and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Using tongs, transfer the thigh to a plate and set aside.
- Add the butter to the pan and stir until melted and foamy, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic and sauté until the vegetables soften and begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and toss for 1 to 2 minutes until all the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Pour in the wine and tomato paste and stir for about 2 to 3 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour in the stock, soy sauce and herbs (tie the herbs with string for easy removal later) and bring to a boil.
- Add the turkey leg back to the pot and reduce the heat.
- Continue cooking on low heat for about 30 minutes (keep the pot partially covered with the lid).
- Add the potatoes and peas and cook for another 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the turkey leg from the pot and place it in a bowl or on a cutting board, and allow it to cool sufficiently (keep the pot covered on the lowest heat in the meantime).
- Remove the bone, skin and gristle from the turkey meat and cut it into pieces.
- Remove the bunch of herbs.
- Add the diced turkey back to the pot and stir until heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and with a piece of good crusty bread.
Take a look at which microwave oven is the best fit for your home . We tested the most popular models for you.
Stewed turkey meat with fruit
Some may be surprised by the combination of sweet fruit with the salty taste of meat, but know that the result is a delicacy that you will not say no to.
- turkey meat – breast or thighs
- pineapple compote
- White wine
- sweet soy sauce
- ground ginger
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the turkey cut into strips.
- Season with salt and ground ginger.
- Pour in the white wine and simmer until the juice evaporates.
- Then pour the pineapple compote and juice into the meat pan and simmer for a while longer.
- Season with soy sauce.
- Serve with rice or pasta.
If you want to try turkey recipes without a side dish, we recommend reading our selection of the best turkey roulades .
Why include turkey meat in the menu
- It is a rich source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6 and the amino acid tryptothan , which produces serotonin to improve your mood.
- In addition to these nutrients, it also contains zinc and vitamin B12 .
- It has a low fat content .
- It is a very good source of selenium , which can reduce the incidence of cancer.
- It contains less cholesterol than chicken, pork or beef.
As you can see, there are several reasons to start eating turkey. Enjoy our recipes and tell us how you enjoyed them!