Many women claim that Christmas is a time of stress and constant preparation for them.
Are you also thinking “I wish I had enough dough for all the cookies”?
Well, we can’t fulfill such a wish, but recipes for single-dough cookies will definitely make your life easier.
Don’t you believe?
Come see for yourself!
Universal cookie dough
To create several different variations of cookies, we need to create a basic dough.
- 500 g plain flour
- 500 g of softened butter
- 250 g of powdered sugar
- 1 bag of vanilla sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- pinch of salt
- First, mix the loose ingredients.
- Then add butter and egg yolks and make a smooth dough.
- Let rest in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
At this point we have dough to create a lot of stuff with. We can roll out a third of the dough in this form, cut out favorite shapes and bake for 5-10 minutes on a baking sheet lined with baking paper in an oven heated to 170 °C.
After it has cooled, we can decorate it with egg white glaze or melted chocolate.
What about the whites that remain after separating the yolks? With icing sugar and lemon juice, we can prepare a frosting for decorating , which we can decorate the cookies with.
You may find our built-in pipes reviews useful. Get inspired by our test!
Cinnamon hearts with chocolate
The cinnamon flavor is always warming!
- a third of the created universal dough
- a pinch of cinnamon
- chocolate for cooking
- Mix a pinch of cinnamon into the already formed dough.
- Roll the dough into a thin sheet and cut out hearts.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven at 170 °C.
- We watch and as soon as they start to turn golden (after about 5-10 minutes), we take them out and let them cool.
- If we have a big sweet tooth, we can warm up the cooking chocolate in a water bath and dip the hearts into it.
- We can then use egg white icing for minor decoration.
Discover similar tips
Hazelnut glued cookies from one dough
If you have a handful of walnuts, nothing could be easier!
- a third of the base dough
- a cup of walnuts
- walnut halves for decoration
- chocolate for cooking
- Grind the walnuts and add them to the basic dough.
- We choose the shape of the cutter and use it to cut out the rolled sheet.
- Place on a tray with baking paper and bake in an oven heated to 180 °C for about 5-8 minutes.
- After cooling, cover with marmalade
- Let it rest and in the meantime melt the chocolate in a hot bath.
- We either dip whole pieces of candy into it, or we can dip them only in half or sprinkle them with chocolate.
- We can press half a walnut into the still wet icing for decoration.
You can also prepare this option with homemade marmalade.
Universal cream for Christmas cookies
Preparing the cream for each cookie separately is a nuisance, don’t you see? So how about making it easier with a universal recipe?
- 500 g of butter
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- First, beat the eggs with the sugar until stiff.
- Add the softened butter and combine everything with a mixer.
- We can put the cream in the fridge.
How to flavor this cream?
We can create a cream from a universal cream:
- rum – just mix in 4 tablespoons of classic brown rum
- cocoa – stir in 1 tablespoon of Dutch cocoa
- almond – add finely ground 50 g of almonds + we can add almond aroma
- coffee – we prepare a small espresso from 4 teaspoons of instant coffee, which we mix into the cream after it has cooled down
- nutty – grind a handful of nuts and add them to the created cream
We can then use the creams as a filling for tubes and cones or, for example, for wasps’ nests. You can also use the solid cream for gluing.
One-dough candy is really simple, delicious, and most importantly, quick to make!
Also try our best recipes for Christmas cottage cheese cookies . We have both traditional and unusual options for you!
So what? Don’t you also think that Christmas is just a time of stress?