Many fruits and vegetables ripen during the summer. Apricots are one of them.
Apricots are very beneficial for our health. They act against constipation, lower blood pressure and perfectly replace magnesium in the fight against spasms.
They slow down cell aging and help improve mood.
Get inspired by these 5 best recipes with apricots!
Apricot cake with crumble
One of the popular recipes for apricots is to bake them in shortcrust pastry. You will surely enjoy this dish.
Ingredients for making a cake
- 300 g pitted apricots
- 300 g semi-coarse flour
- 180 g of sugar
- 250 ml of milk
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 package of baking powder
- 40 g of granulated sugar
- 80 g coarse flour
- 50 g room temperature butter
- Beat the milk, eggs, oil and 180 g of sugar until foamy. In a separate bowl, sift semi-coarse flour with baking powder. Combine everything into one liquid dough.
- Pour the batter onto the lined tray. We will spread it to the edge.
- Cover the entire surface with halved apricots.
- Let’s prepare a crumb. Rub the softened butter, coarse flour and 40 g of semolina sugar with your fingers. Cover the entire tray with crumbs.
- Heat the oven to 180°. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until golden.
- We serve it cut into larger cubes. We can lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.
What’s better than a combination of apricots and dumplings. Dough wrapped in a delicious piece of fruit.
Apricot dumplings can be made from all doughs that are considered suitable for fruit dumplings, and which differ not only in the use of raw materials, but above all in the time required for preparation.
In the given recipe for leavened dumplings, we will show that there is nothing difficult about leavening and that anyone can do it. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 12 pieces
- 400 g semi-coarse flour
- 1 vanilla sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cube of yeast
- 250 ml of lukewarm water
- icing sugar
- 12 apricots
- Mix the flour with salt in a bowl. We will make a hole in it. Crumble the yeast, vanilla sugar into it and cover with half of the water. Use your finger to make a paste. Cover with a clean towel and let the yeast rise in a warm, draft-free room. Then add the rest of the water and make a smooth dough. Add water gradually as needed. Let rise again.
- After the dough has gained volume, we knead it to expel all the bubbles and divide it into equal parts. We fill them with pitted apricots. Lightly flour the dumplings and let them rest on a roll.
- Cook in boiling water for about 5 minutes. After removing, pierce with a fork to let the steam escape.
- Sprinkle the dumplings with powdered sugar so they don’t stick together.
- Serve the boiled dumplings immediately covered with butter and sprinkled with sugar. As a supplement, sprinkle with grated cottage cheese, cinnamon, cocoa or drizzle with mixed cottage cheese, yogurt or sour cream.
Discover similar tips
Rice pudding with apricots
Ripe apricots are ideal for various puddings. We prepare sweet puddings from boiled rice, pasta, semolina, oatmeal or cottage cheese.
Other, less common ingredients, such as buckwheat, can also be used. Rice and pasta dumplings are probably the most popular.
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 liter of milk
- 125 g of butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 spoons of sugar
- pinch of salt
- Bring the milk and salt almost to a boil. Stir in the rice and cook to a porridge consistency.
- Stir in the butter. Let cool slightly. Add the egg yolks and stiff egg whites to the rice. We can sweeten according to taste.
- Transfer half the mass to a greased baking pan. Top with pitted, chopped apricots. then cover them with the other half of the prepared rice.
- Bake all the cakes uncovered at a moderate temperature in a preheated oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- We serve in bowls or we can use an ice cream scoop. Drier puddings can also be topped with mixed yogurt, sour cream or fruit juice.
Do not throw away very ripe, bruised or otherwise damaged apricots. You’d better make an excellent marmalade out of them. You can use it not only in the kitchen, but also on the go. A homemade product without artificial ingredients will never disappoint.
- 1 kg of apricots
- 1 kg of sugar
- 1 kg of icing sugar
- Put the apricots in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Then add the gelling agent according to the instructions on the package. Cook for about 5 minutes. If foam forms on the surface, remove with a spoon. We mix.
- After cooking, pour the marmalade into resealable jars. We turn it upside down.
- After ten minutes we turn back. Store in a shady and dry place.
Do you love simple baking?
Then this recipe is perfect for you. There is nothing easier than mixing a few ingredients, pouring the batter on a baking sheet and pouring fruit on it.
Bake this sweet recipe and enjoy it with a cup of coffee.
- 3 eggs
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 150 ml of oil
- 100 ml of milk
- 250 g semi-coarse flour
- baking powder
- pitted apricots
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Beat the egg yolks with both sugars until foamy. Slowly pour in the oil and beat until a compact mass is formed.
- Add sifted flour with baking powder. Mix in the milk and finally mix lightly with the snow from the egg whites.
- Pour onto a tray and cover with apricots. We can leave them in halves or chop them into cubes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for about 20 minutes.
- serve lightly dusted with powdered sugar.
In the article, you could be inspired by the 5 tastiest apricot recipes. Some are more complex, others are very simple.
But be sure to try them all and see how great they are. Apricots can of course be canned so that you can prepare them at any time.