These meat spread recipes offer the most varied ingredients and methods.
Are you looking for original dishes that your guests will repeatedly ask for?
In that case, get inspired and enrich your menu with very interesting tastes.
Homemade meat spread made from roasted meat
There is nothing better than preparing a real homemade delicacy, and even more so from high-quality and fragrant meat.
- 400 g of roast meat (the type of meat is optional)
- 1 egg (hard boiled)
- 50 g pickles
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon full-fat mustard
- Blend the roast meat, eggs, cucumber and onion using a food processor.
- You can blend the mixture until smooth, but you can also leave the larger pieces in it.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper and mustard.
- Serve with fresh bread or fried toasts.
You can fry toast easily in the device. Get inspired by reviews of toasters and sandwich makers .
Meat spread made from boiled meat – Bulgarian
Prepare a classic, very popular, spread that you can serve for a snack, but also for dinner.
- 300 g of boiled meat from the soup
- ½ eggplant (halved lengthwise)
- 2 cloves of garlic (pressed)
- 2 medium green peppers
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of parsley
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 2 medium tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of wine vinegar
- Put the eggplant and peppers on the grill pan and gently roast them, skin side down.
- Then put the vegetables in a bowl and cover it with food foil to steam the vegetables. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have cooled, remove the skins from them.
- Blend the rest of the vegetables in a food processor until smooth and add olive oil. Stir well.
- Add the cooked meat to the mixture and mix again.
- Then transfer everything to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with toast or other favorite baked goods.
- Store the rest of the spread in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Also try other recipes for eggplant spreads .
Spicy meat spread on toast
Who wouldn’t love her? Prepare unique toasts that have a twist!
- 300 g of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of chopped thyme
- 100 g of a mix of colored hot peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons of good quality ketchup
- slices of bread
- frying oil
- Fry the bread slices in oil and let them drain on a paper towel. You can also use a toaster.
- Fry the chopped onion in oil and add the meat. Fry it until brown.
- Then add tomato puree, ketchup, chopped peppers, thyme, salt, pepper and crushed garlic cloves.
- Fry the mixture for a while and finally, if necessary, add salt and pepper.
- Put the toast spread on the pastry and decorate with herbs.
Get the best helper to make toast! When choosing, be inspired by reviews of the best toasters .
Diet chicken meat spread
Dieters will especially appreciate this spread. It is light and does not contain too much fat.
- 400 g of boiled chicken
- 200 g of Gervais type cheese
- 1 small spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of white yogurt
- Blend the chicken with a stick blender, add the cheese and blend together.
- Add the plain yogurt and spring onions, salt and pepper and mix again until you get a smooth foam.
- Serve with bread or dry-toasted toast.
Do you want to spread the spread on your own baked goods? Then be inspired by our recipes from the home bakery .
Discover similar tips
French meat spread – Rillettes
Enrich your kitchen with this great recipe that not just anyone knows. Your guests will be licking themselves!
But be careful, before the actual preparation, the meat must be marinated for 3 days.
- 1 kg pork shoulder (cut into cubes)
- 2.5 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1.5 tablespoons of ground ginger
- 1.5 tablespoons of thyme (fresh, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg (grated)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground dried ginger
- 8 juniper berries
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 400 g of pork lard
- Put the chopped meat in a mixing bowl and add all the remaining ingredients, except lard.
- Using your hands, mix everything together until the ingredients are combined.
- Cover everything with food foil and put it in the fridge for 3 days.
- After this time, remove the mixture from the refrigerator and let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 135°C.
- While the oven is heating, melt the lard in a saucepan.
- Place the pork in a cast iron pot and pour the melted lard over it so that the meat is completely submerged.
- Cover the pot with a lid and place it in the oven. Leave it there for 2.5-3 hours until the pork falls apart when poked with a fork.
- Remove the pot from the oven, let it cool and remove the juniper berries.
- Also remove the meat from the pot and finely chop it.
- Use a ladle to collect the fat from the top of the juice in the pot. Do not collect the liquid part under the fat. Set the fat aside.
- Place the chopped pork in a large bowl and add ⅓ of the lard along with ⅓ of the reserved liquid. Mix to combine well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Then put the meat in a large baking dish and let it stand for at least 1 hour at room temperature.
- Put the rest of the lard in a saucepan and heat it. Then pour the mixture from the pot onto the cooled meat in the roasting pan, cover and leave to cool.
- Thanks to this procedure, the meat will be so tender that you can easily spread it on your favorite pastry.
- This meat spread recipe tastes great with olives, pickled vegetables, asparagus, pickled onions or peppers.
Do you like cooking with lard? Then try great recipes for crackling spread .
Recipe for meat spread with eggs and chicken
This spread is great, its taste is strong, and it is also very easy to prepare. Get started!
- 2 chicken thighs
- 6 eggs
- 1 mayonnaise
- 330 g (1 glass) vegetable mixture for preparing potato salad (e.g. Znojmia brand)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- While the oven is heating, clean the thighs, treat them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the thighs in the baking dish, cover them with a little water (about 1 cm) and bake. Bake for about 40 minutes. While baking, baste the thighs with baking powder (about every 10 minutes). This way, the meat will not be dried out and the skin will be crispy.
- Boil the eggs. Cook for about 10 minutes. Then cool, peel and chop into cubes.
- Pour the marinade out of the vegetable mixture (but keep it aside for possible flavoring of the meat spread).
- Place the vegetables in a bowl, add the eggs and set aside.
- Tear the finished chicken thighs with a fork into fine hairs and add the meat to the vegetables with the eggs.
- Then add salt, pepper and mayonnaise to the mixture. Put enough mayonnaise so that all the ingredients are combined and the spread is not dry.
- If you find the spread to be too sour, you can add some of the marinade you set aside to flavor it.
- You can serve the meat spread with fresh bread or with pieces of baguette fried in butter.
We tested egg cookers . How did it end up?
Corned beef sandwich spread
Are you going on a trip and need to come up with a tasty and quick snack? This super simple canned meat spread is perfect for this purpose.
But you can also use the spread for canapés, for example, if you are organizing a meeting with friends.
- 1 can of beef
- ½ cup celery
- 1 small onion
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ pepper
- 2 spoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon horseradish (you can add more horseradish to taste)
- 2 spoons of mayonnaise
- Cut the celery into small cubes. Do the same with the onion.
- Put everything in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix carefully until everything is combined.
- Keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it. It tastes great chilled.
- Your canned meat spread is ready
Bake your own pastries. Recipes for rolls, buns and baguettes are simple and you can make them once or twice.
Why eat meat?
If you are not a vegetarian, you probably agree that quality meat tastes simply wonderful and should be part of a balanced diet.
What are other reasons to eat meat?
- Contains protein. Proteins contain all the amino acids that are essential for human health.
- It is rich in iron , which helps prevent anemia. Iron from meat is better absorbed by the body than iron from plant foods such as vegetables.
- It contains zinc , which affects the proper functioning of the entire immune system and acts as a disease prevention agent.
- It helps maintain muscle mass , as it contains high-quality proteins that prevent muscle loss caused by aging.
- Strengthens bones. Meatless diets have been shown to contain lower amounts of calcium, vitamin D, vitamin B12, protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which play an important role in maintaining bone health.
- It strengthens the functioning of the brain. Animal products such as meat are the only natural source of vitamin B12, which supports brain development in children and helps the nervous system function properly.
- Improves heart health. Recent studies show that protein from lean meat can help maintain healthy cardiovascular function.
- It helps control blood sugar levels thanks to its high protein and low carbohydrate content.
- Meat is rich in selenium , which is an antioxidant and helps to strengthen the proper function of the thyroid gland. It also helps in cancer prevention.
- It helps with weight control , as proteins satiate for a long time and the body thus needs to take in fewer calories per day.