Do you cook just for yourself?
Running out of ideas?
Then you’ve come to the right place!
We have prepared for you the best recipes for one that you will love.
Enjoy a luxurious burger, a great sundae with fruit and ice cream or perhaps fried rice with mushroom sauce.
Baked rice with mushrooms and garlic
You will love delicious baked mushrooms, rice and garlic in homemade cream sauce! It’s a perfect meal for one that you can also prepare twice.
- 1 and ½ spoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 110 g of chopped mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 3 spoons of whipping cream
- 2 spoons of sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ cup uncooked long-grain rice
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add ½ tablespoon olive oil to the pan.
- Add mushrooms, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Cook the mushrooms for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the heavy cream, sour cream, ¼ teaspoon salt and dried rosemary.
- Pour the uncooked rice into a 10 x 15 cm or 13 x 13 cm baking dish.
- Pour the cream sauce over the rice and mix gently.
- Place the baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet and cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes and enjoy hot.
We also have delicious recipes for baked cauliflower in 11 different ways. Can you find your favorite?
Spaghetti with olive oil and garlic
This easy spaghetti recipe will become your favorite dinner, especially if you don’t have time to cook. In Italy, this dish is called aglio e olio , which translates to pasta with olive oil and garlic.
- 56 g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and saute until softened and golden (you may need to lower the heat so it doesn’t brown too quickly).
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it, reserving about 1 tablespoon of the starchy pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan with the oil and garlic.
- Toss spaghetti until coated with olive oil and garlic.
- If the spaghetti is too dry, add some water left over from cooking the spaghetti.
- Add parsley and grated cheese, mix and serve.
You may also find our reviews of gas hobs useful. Who won in our comparison?
Discover similar tips
Fruit sundae with ice cream and snow meringue
We have an absolutely luxurious dessert for you that you can enjoy yourself! This easy ice cream sundae with fresh blackberries, snow meringue, and homemade peach preserves is so good you’ll be glad you don’t have to share it.
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream (or ice cream with your favorite flavor)
- a small handful of fresh blackberries
- 3 – 4 snow meringues, roughly crushed
- waffle and whipped cream to serve
For canned peaches (approx. 500 ml):
- 1.2-1.4 kg peaches, pitted, roughly chopped
- 150 g of powdered sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- a large pinch of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180º Celsius.
- Place the sliced peaches in a baking dish with the rest of the peach preserve ingredients and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the peaches are soft and slightly caramelized.
- Mash the fruit lightly with a fork.
- Transfer the peaches and their juice to a clean bowl or glass and leave to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place 2 tablespoons of chilled peaches in a glass.
- Top with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream, a few blackberries and a third of the crumbled meringue.
- Repeat with peaches, blackberries, ice cream and half of the remaining meringue.
- Decorate with a wafer, whipped cream and the rest of the meringue.
- Enjoy it!
Pork burger with blue cheese
One of the best meals that you can easily and quickly prepare just for yourself is definitely a burger. We have a recipe for an irresistible burger with pork, blue cheese, sweet pear and leafy greens.
- 1 ripe sweet pear
- 50 g of spinach, arugula and watercress mix
- 150 g of minced pork
- 1 hamburger bun
- 30 g of blue cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- black pepper and salt to taste
- Slice the pear lengthwise as thinly as possible.
- Toss gently with the lettuce leaves, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar and sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper.
- Using clean hands, mix the ground pork with a pinch of pepper and salt, then shape into a 1cm thick patty.
- Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and place in a large nonstick skillet over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Cut the hamburger bun in half and fry it next to the meat.
- Remove the bun from the pan when golden.
- Flip the burger and after 2 minutes crumble the blue cheese next to it to melt.
- Move the burger onto the melted cheese and toss to combine the burger with the cheese.
- Place the burger prepared in this way on the lower part of the hamburger bun.
- Top it with as many pears and lettuce as the bun will hold, close the top of the bun and enjoy!
We have also prepared for you 5 more luxurious recipes for homemade hamburgers , which will always be better than purchased semi-finished products!
Roasted pork with rice
A luxurious dish that is easy to prepare, tastes great and also cooks perfectly for one person. The minced pork is perfectly seasoned, fried together with vegetables and served with an excellent sauce and rice. Prepare this delicacy in less than 30 minutes!
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- 110 g of minced pork
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon of coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground pork to the pan and sprinkle with salt.
- Saute, stirring frequently, until cooked through, 4 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, onions and chopped carrots to the pan.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Stir in spinach, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir in the cooked pork.
- Serve with rice.
If you cook for yourself, it definitely pays to plan your shopping , not buy too much food and learn how to store it properly.
And how did you like our recipes today? Write to us in the comments!