How about having some spinach?
You can use this leafy vegetable in both savory and sweet dishes.
Get inspired by our spinach recipes!
We have prepared for you not only classics, but also new, original ideas.
So let’s do it!
Spinach soup with croutons
Spinach creams and soups are not only tasty, but also very healthy and nutritious. Try our following recipe that your whole family will love!
- 400 g of frozen spinach
- 1 onion
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 500 ml broth (vegetable, poultry)
- a pinch of ground cumin
- 150 ml of cream
- 1-2 teaspoons of starch flour
- salt and ground pepper
- 1 baguette + spoonful of butter
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the finely chopped onion and chopped garlic.
- Add the spinach and simmer under the lid until the spinach has dissolved.
- Toast a baguette cut into cubes with a little butter in a preheated oven.
- Add the hot broth to the spinach
- Season with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Finally, soften with the cream in which we mixed the starch flour and cook briefly, about 2 minutes.
- Season with crushed garlic, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Served with toasted croutons.
Try our other recipes for spinach soups !
Creamy chicken gnocchi with spinach
These creamy chicken and spinach gnocchi are incredibly simple and yet so luxurious! You can prepare this dinner for the whole family in less than 20 minutes.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 pressed garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 to 2 cups grated Parmesan
- 450 g of gnocchi
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the butter, olive oil and crushed garlic to a large pan and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes until the garlic is soft but not colored.
- Add Italian spices and flour, mix well.
- Slowly pour in the chicken stock and whisk to combine with the flour.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- After cooking, add chopped chicken, cream and grated parmesan.
- Let the mixture boil over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Once the water is boiling, add 1 tablespoon of salt and then the gnocchi.
- Cook until the gnocchi float to the surface, then drain or remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon.
- Add the drained gnocchi to the sauce, add salt and pepper, and season as needed.
- Finally, stir in the spinach and let it wilt in the hot sauce.
- Served with extra Parmesan and black pepper.
Young spinach roll
A roulade can also be perfectly prepared from spinach. Fill it with ham, cheese and grass and you will have a wonderful treat that your children will enjoy.
- 300 g of young spinach leaves
- 5 eggs
- 2 spoons of solamyl
- 1 clove of garlic
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 100 g of pork ham
- 100 g of hard cheese, sliced
- 100 g of grass
- Wash the spinach leaves thoroughly and let them drain.
- Cut them into small pieces.
- Beat the yolks with solamyl, pressed garlic, add salt, pepper, snow from egg whites and spinach.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and spread the prepared mixture on it and bake at 160 °C for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking paper from the sheet.
- We spread it over the entire surface with grass and spread slices of ham and cheese, roll it into a roll.
- Let it cool like this.
- Cut the spinach roulade into pieces.
If you want to do something for your health, in an ideally tasty, quick and easy way, mixed spinach with fruit is the right solution.
- a handful of baby spinach
- 1 banana
- 1 orange or kiwi
- sunflower seeds
- Rinse the spinach under warm running water and put it in a smoothie maker or blend it with a stick blender.
- Next, add banana and orange (it is possible to replace it with kiwi).
- Add water and sprinkle sunflower seeds.
- Mix everything until smooth.
We also have other spinach smoothie recipes for you that are extra healthy and extra tasty at the same time!
Discover similar tips
Moss cake with vanilla frosting
This spinach cake is bright green, but the spinach flavor fades, leaving you with a beautiful vanilla-flavored dessert. It is delicious and somewhat healthier than regular cakes. Perfect as a birthday cake, but suitable for any occasion.
- 3 cups (150 g) fresh spinach
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar
- ⅔ cup (100 g) smooth applesauce
- ½ cup (100 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (250 g) plain flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
For the vanilla frosting:
- 75 g of butter
- 2 cups (250 g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- sprinkles for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease two 20 cm cake tins and line them with baking paper.
- Simmer the spinach until it wilts.
- Put it under cold water, drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Blend it to a paste with a stick blender and set it aside.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, applesauce and sugar well.
- Whip the spinach puree.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and mix gently to combine.
- Pour into the prepared tins and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk all the vanilla frosting ingredients together until fluffy.
- If necessary, add a little more milk or powdered sugar (for an ideal consistency).
- Let it refrigerate until we are ready to spread the frosting on the completely cooled cake.
- If necessary, decorate with sprinkles.
Are there any other recipes for moss cake ? We have 5 more for you!
Cheese spread with spinach
Try this healthy, quick and tasty snack that will become a pleasant addition to any celebration.
- medium bowl of spinach leaves
- 250 g of cottage cheese
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- We cut the stiff petioles from the young spinach leaves and slowly pour boiling water over them on a sieve.
- Let it drain well and squeeze out the excess water.
- Finely chop and mix with cottage cheese, a few chopped oregano leaves, a pinch of salt and olive oil.
- Add one to two cloves of garlic, depending on its strength.
- Mix and ideally put in the fridge for half an hour.
Spinach pancakes with ricotta, tomatoes and basil
This spinach dish impresses above all with its taste, but also with its visual sensations, and you will definitely score points with it with your closest friends. Serve it, for example, as a light and healthy dinner.
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil (plus butter or oil for the pan)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup spelled flour
For the filling:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Mix the spinach, milk, egg, butter and basil.
- Add flour and a teaspoon of salt, mix.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Mix the batter well and gradually fry the pancakes in hot oil.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the tomatoes and garlic, season with salt and pepper and let it foam for 5-6 minutes until the garlic starts to smell and the tomatoes soften.
- Mix the ricotta, parmesan and basil.
- Serving the pancakes: spread the ricotta on half of the pancake, decorate with the prepared tomatoes and cover the remaining part of the pancake.
- Briefly heat the pancakes on both sides in a hot pan and serve immediately.
If you liked this dish, don’t hesitate to try our 5 other recipes for pancakes with spinach . We have spelled and baked versions for you!
Lasagna with spinach, mushrooms and ricotta
Spinach also goes well with pasta. In combination with cheese, mushrooms and tomato puree, they form an excellent basis for spinach lasagna. Enjoy this vegetarian recipe!
- 20 slices of lasagna pasta
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup grated hard cheese
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mozzarella
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- Place the lasagna in salted boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes until al dente, drain.
- Fry mushrooms, onion and garlic in olive oil in a pan.
- Put the spinach in salted boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then drain, squeeze out the excess water and chop the spinach.
- We will let it cool down.
- Mix ricotta, grated hard cheese, spinach, salt, oregano, basil, pepper and egg in a bowl.
- Add the cooled mushroom mixture.
- Mix at low speed for 1 minute.
- Place the pasta lasagna on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour over a third of the prepared mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella and 1/3 cup Parmesan.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomato mixture on top of the cheese layer.
- We layer like this two more times.
- Cover the baking tray with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour in a preheated oven.
Get inspired by our other pasta recipes with spinach . They are fast and luxurious!
Try this traditional French recipe for a rich spinach quiche with cream and gruyère cheese. It’s a delicacy!
- 23 cm quiche mold
- short pastry
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots
- 4 large eggs
- 1 and ¼ cups whipping cream
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup finely grated Gruyère cheese
- 280 g of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C and set the rack to the middle position.
- The shortcrust pastry should be soft enough to pierce with a fork.
- Roll the dough into a circle and place it in a greased mold.
- Pierce the bottom and sides all over with a fork.
- Place baking paper on top of the dough and cover it with beans, lentils or rice to prevent it from puffing up during baking.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until fully cooked and lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 160 °C.
- Heat the butter in a small pan over medium heat.
- Sauté shallots until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Place the baked dough on a baking sheet.
- Spread the shallots on the bottom of the dough and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Layer the spinach evenly on top of the cheese.
- Pour the egg and cream mixture on top.
- Bake at 160°C for 50 to 55 minutes, until the filling is set and the top is lightly golden.
- Serve hot or warm.
Tip: You can also fill various doughs or meat with spinach, or add it as an additional ingredient when preparing fried steaks, meatballs and patties.
Spinach, a leafy vegetable that contains high amounts of vitamin C, iron and calcium. It is considered a superfood. For what reason? What positives does it have for your health? You will learn all this in our article about spinach !
And how did you like our recipes today? Write to us in the comments!