“What’s for lunch today?”
You surely hear this question every day, both from your children, husband or wife, and certainly from yourself.
It bothers us all every day.
That’s why we have prepared 8 great recipes for quick lunches for you today.
Chicken wraps with spicy sauce
Spicy Ranch Dressing Chicken Wraps are bursting with flavor and ready in just 5 minutes!
- 2 cups cooked (roasted) chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/3 cup hot sauce plus 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 4 medium wheat tortillas
- optional fillings: tomatoes, onions, grated cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded roast chicken and the spicy sauce with two tablespoons of butter.
- Divide the spicy chicken evenly among the tortillas.
- Top the chicken with salad, ranch dressing, and any other optional toppings.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla and roll like a burrito.
- Enjoy them warm or cold!
Try our other stuffed tortilla recipes, including tips on how to make the best homemade tortilla!
Creamy garlic chicken with rice
Nothing beats this quick lunch recipe for ease of preparation! It takes less than 30 minutes and you only need one large deep pan or pot.
- 500 g chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon of dried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 and 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons of whipping cream
- Mix the chicken breast with dried garlic, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan and sauté, stirring frequently, until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the rice and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and place the baby spinach on top of the rice.
- Cover, close the lid and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and mix well.
- Stir in the cream and serve.
Bacon and cheese microwave potatoes
Baking potatoes in the oven takes a while, but if you are pressed for time, you can easily use the microwave to prepare them and the result will still be luxurious.
- 1 large potato, washed and scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- salt, to taste
- 2 slices of bacon
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream, to serve
- fresh chives, to serve
- Poke holes in the potato with a fork, then brush it with oil and salt.
- Place the bacon slices on the same plate as the potatoes, microwave for 7-9 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the potatoes are soft.
- Be careful not to burn the bacon.
- After it has cooled, crumble the bacon.
- Cut the potato in half, then use a fork to fluff up the inside.
- Top with cheese and then microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Garnish with sour cream, pieces of crumbled bacon and chives.
- Enjoy it!
Also try our best oven baked potato recipes . Crispy delicacy in 5 ways!
Spicy zucchini noodles with crispy tofu
Try this quick and easy lunch recipe of zucchini noodles, crispy tofu, soy sauce and peanut oil. It is absolutely luxurious!
- 340 g extra firm tofu
- 4-6 zucchini
- sesame seeds and spring onions for garnish
For the chili sesame sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (like sambal oelek)
- 2 spoons of sugar
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Shake all the ingredients for the sauce in a glass or throw them into a food processor and mix.
- Squeeze excess moisture from the tofu.
- Cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add the tofu and fry until golden, stirring constantly.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the sauce and cook until the sauce starts to evaporate/absorb into the tofu and browns in the pan.
- Carefully flip and scrape the browned bits from the bottom.
- Using a spiralizer, make spirals out of the zucchini and toss with about 1/4 cup of the sauce per serving.
- Top with tofu, sesame seeds and scallions.
- Serve immediately.
Discover similar tips
Salad with shrimp and avocado
A luxurious summer salad of shrimp, avocado, cucumber, dill, chives and lemon juice is quick, easy and healthy! Enjoy it too.
- 230 g shrimp (without tail)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- pinch of dried garlic (optional)
- juice of one lemon
- half a small cucumber, diced
- a pinch of fresh dill
- a pinch of chives
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the shrimp.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until pink.
- Drain and place in a bowl of ice water to cool.
- After cooling, pat dry and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mash the avocado.
- Season with salt, lemon juice and dried garlic if desired.
- Mix together the shrimp, avocado mixture, chopped cucumber and herbs.
- Season to taste.
- Enjoy your meal!
Are you looking for other excellent shrimp recipes ? We will advise you how to do them!
Spaghetti with garlic and olive oil
This luxurious fragrant spaghetti is a classic Italian dish that requires just a few cheap ingredients, is easy to prepare and ready in 10 minutes. The perfect recipe for a quick lunch without meat!
- 450 g of spaghetti or other long pasta
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes or to taste (or 3 fresh chili peppers)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving
- salt, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the spaghetti.
- Cook until al dente.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- If you are not using dried chili flakes, remove the seeds from the fresh chili peppers and chop finely.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Gently heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic and chilli and sauté gently for a few minutes, or until the garlic is light golden but careful not to burn.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Drain the spaghetti “al dente” and set aside 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan, tossing well to coat with the oil, adding a little of the starchy cooking water to keep the pasta moist and juicy.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 seconds, stirring a few times.
- Sprinkle the spaghetti with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy it!
Quick Cauliflower Rice
An amazing low carb healthy fried rice option! You will not even know that you are not eating rice, but cauliflower, and at the same time you can prepare the dish in just 10 minutes.
- 700 g of cauliflower florets
- 2 spoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 170 g of broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Pulse the cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor until it resembles rice, about 2-3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and white pepper.
- Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium skillet over low heat.
- Add the eggs and fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side, turning only once.
- Allow the egg to cool before cutting into small pieces.
- Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onion to the pan and sauté, stirring often, until the onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli, carrots, corn, and peas and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower, egg, spring onion and soy sauce mixture.
- Sauté, stirring, until cauliflower is heated through and tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or garnish with sesame seeds.
We also have the best recipes for cauliflower soups for you. Get inspired, they are luxurious!
Pork pieces on garlic with beans
In less than 30 minutes, you can conjure up this luxurious weekend lunch in the form of pork chops in buttery garlic-lemon sauce with green beans. You won’t want anything else!
- 650 g pork chops, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice mix
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 450g green beans, chopped and blanched (no need to blanch if they are thin)
- red chili flakes (optional)
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- lemon slices, for decoration
- On a shallow plate, sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over the pork pieces and toss to coat well.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Fry the pork pieces in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side until the edges are crisp and browned, adding more oil as needed.
- Remove the browned pieces from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the butter to the pan and heat until melted.
- Sauté the chopped garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds), scraping up any browned bits from the pan.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and vegetable stock.
- Toss the blanched green beans in the pan and add the lemon-butter sauce.
- Cook the green beans for 3-4 minutes, turning them regularly with tongs.
- Push the cooked green beans to the side and return the pork pieces to the pan.
- Toss them with the garlic-butter sauce to coat evenly.
- Serve the meat and beans with lemon wedges, a sprinkling of fresh parsley and red chili flakes, if desired.
- Enjoy your meal!
Get inspired by our other delicious pork chop recipes . We have baked and grilled versions for you!
And how did you enjoy today’s quick lunch recipes? Write to us in the comments!