Who doesn’t know fried cauliflower?
A favorite delicacy especially for children, when they tear the cauliflower florets into the smallest pieces.
But why bake it like this?
Thanks to the use of additional ingredients, we get a luxurious and hearty dish.
We have prepared for you 11 excellent recipes for baked cauliflower that you will not be able to resist!
So let’s get to it.
Baked vegetables with minced meat and cheddar
This is the absolute bomb! The combination of ground beef, cheese sauce and vegetables is full of incredible flavor that all your guests will appreciate.
- 1 kg of ground beef (preferably 90% lean)
- 1 tablespoon of salted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 large cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 cups grated cheddar
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175° Celsius.
- Spray a 2½-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot fitted with a steam basket, bring 2.5 to 5 cm of water to a boil.
- Steam cauliflower until almost tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and sauté, stirring and mashing with a wooden spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to a bowl.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and add the butter.
- Melt the butter by swirling the pan.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery stalk, and salt and sauté, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender and the onion is translucent, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add paprika, thyme, and pepper and sauté, stirring, until thyme is fragrant, 30 to 90 seconds.
- Add the tomato puree and mix into the vegetables.
- Add the red wine and Worcestershire sauce and cook, stirring, until the wine has almost evaporated.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender and the sauce is very thick, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the cooked beef back to this mixture.
- Set aside.
- Heat 1 and ½ cups milk in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ½ cup milk and cornstarch.
- Whisk the cornstarch mash into the steaming milk and bring to a boil, whisking constantly over the flame.
- When mixture bubbles and thickens, remove from heat and stir in 2 cups of grated cheddar and pepper.
- Layer half of the cauliflower on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with half of the beef mixture.
- Pour over half of the cheese sauce.
- Repeat with remaining cauliflower, beef mixture and cheese sauce.
- Top with remaining cheddar.
- Bake until the dish is bubbling and the cauliflower is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
You may find our reviews of the best hoods useful. Who won in our comparison?
Cauliflower au gratin with zucchini
An excellent vegetable dish seasoned with herbs and parmesan cheese will also be enjoyed by those who are not particularly fond of zucchini. It has just the right amount of cream and the added milk keeps the food from being too heavy for your stomach. Goes great with grilled meat and a glass of wine.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- salt to taste
- 600 g zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of finely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Remove the seeds from the cauliflower and cut the rest into smaller pieces.
- Then, using a food processor (or a sharp knife), grind it so that you have small pieces that resemble grains of rice.
- Be careful not to let the mixture harden, you may have to work in batches.
- You should get about 3 and 1/2 cups of cauliflower rice.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with olive oil and set aside.
- Mix 1 teaspoon salt and grated zucchini and put it in a colander placed over a bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the onion and a large pinch of salt, and cook, stirring, until the onion softens, about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, squeeze a handful of zucchini over a bowl to catch the juice, removing most of the water from the zucchini, yielding 2/3 cup of zucchini.
- When onion softens, reduce heat to medium and stir in cauliflower, garlic, zucchini, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Sauté for about 7-8 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle flour into the mixture and stir.
- Gradually stir in the reserved water from the zucchini, milk and cream, keeping the heat on medium so that the dairy products do not curdle.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan, rosemary, and parsley.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining cheese (you can add more if you like).
- Return to the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
- Enjoy your meal!
Baked cauliflower with sour cream and cheese
This wonderful cauliflower gratin not only tastes great, but is also incredibly easy and quick to prepare. It is a perfect accompaniment to meat or fish, but you can also use it as a light main course.
- 200 g of cauliflower
- 120 g of cheese
- 2 eggs
- 200 g of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Wash the cauliflower and divide it into florets.
- Cook in salted water with lemon juice for about 10 minutes.
- Grate the cheese.
- Mix the eggs with the sour cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower in a baking dish.
- Spread it with the cream mixture.
- Bake the cauliflower in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven for another 10 minutes.
We also have delicious recipes for cauliflower brains 4 times different. Excellent Czech classic!
Baked cauliflower with leeks and blue cheese
Cauliflower, leeks and blue cheese together create the most luxurious combination! If you are looking for a simple yet unconventional and tasty meal that you can cook any time of the week, then you will love this recipe!
- 2 large leeks, trimmed and sliced
- leaves from several sprigs of thyme
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- grated nutmeg to taste
- 40 ml of olive oil, plus extra for wiping the mold
- 40 g plain flour
- 400 ml of milk
- 50 g blue cheese (Roquefort, Gorgonzola, Niva…)
- 25 g breadcrumbs
- 10 g of peeled almonds
- Lightly grease a 1 liter baking dish with olive oil.
- Heat a little more oil in the pan and fry the leeks with the thyme leaves for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring lightly salted water to the boil in a saucepan.
- Add the cauliflower to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and mix with the leeks, add a good pinch of grated nutmeg, season and then tip into a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan oven) or 180°C (gas oven).
- Heat 40 ml of olive oil in a pan, stir in the flour and fry for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in the milk, then add the crumbled cheese.
- Stir until the cheese melts.
- Taste, season and then pour over the vegetables.
- Toss the breadcrumbs in the olive oil and then pour them, along with the sliced almonds, over the baking mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
Cauliflower gratin with broccoli and chicken
This healthy and easy dish is perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s full of vegetables, ready in 30 minutes, and your kids will love it too. Plus, it’s low-carb and gluten-free!
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 small broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken breast
- 230 g of cream cheese
- ½ cup cooking cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ teaspoon of dried garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried onion
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Steam the cauliflower and broccoli by filling a large pot with about 2 cups of water and placing a steamer in the bottom.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli florets to the steamer.
- Cover the pot and steam for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add cooked chicken, cream cheese, cream, mozzarella (save some for sprinkling), dried garlic and onion, salt and ground black pepper.
- Mix everything together.
- Remove the cauliflower and broccoli from the heat (you don’t have to wait for them to cool) and place in the bowl with the chicken and cream cheese.
- Place the mixture in an oiled baking dish and cover with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Enjoy it!
How about trying cauliflower salad recipes 5 different ways? They are healthy and delicious!
Gnocchi baked with tomato sauce and vegetables
This luxurious baked dish of cauliflower, gnocchi, peppers, tomato sauce and mozzarella will be loved by the whole family! It is nutritious, tasty and low in calories.
- 1 small head of cauliflower with leaves
- 350 g of gnocchi
- 3 small onions
- 5 spoons of tomato sauce
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 140 g of mozzarella
- 2 peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2-3 spoons of spring onions or fresh herbs for decoration
- Wash the cauliflower and cut it into florets.
- Wash the peppers and cut them into strips.
- Peel and wash the onion.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200° Celsius.
- Place an oven-safe pan over medium heat with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add coarsely chopped onion and pressed garlic.
- Add the gnocchi and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent and the gnocchi are golden.
- Add cauliflower florets and pepper strips.
- Sauté for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 5 generous tablespoons of tomato sauce pre-mixed with Italian seasoning.
- Do not mix the sauce, just use it as a decoration of the dish in the form of scoops or small tips spread on the sautéed mixture.
- Place a layer of shredded mozzarella on top of each dollop of tomato sauce.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with spring onions or fresh herbs.
Can’t get enough of Italian cuisine? Then don’t forget to try our other gnocchi recipes ! We have options for you with duck ragout, mushrooms or chicken. It is up to you whether you buy ready-made gnocchi or prepare your own according to our instructions.
Discover similar tips
Baked cauliflower with mushrooms
Try this delicious side dish with roasted or grilled meat, but you can also serve it as an excellent vegetarian main course with a fresh salad and crusty bread.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 230 g of mushrooms, cut into slices
- 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped plus extra for garnish
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cooking cream
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter, cut into 0.5 cm cubes
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1/4-1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest for garnish (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar and butter.
- Using your fingertips, mix the ingredients together until you form a crumb that holds together when pinched between your thumb and forefinger.
- Add ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and a teaspoon of chopped sage leaves and mix.
- Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until they release their liquid and begin to brown, 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and 4 chopped sage leaves and sauté for 30-40 seconds until fragrant.
- Remove the pot from the heat and cover with a tight fitting lid – this will allow the sage and garlic to steam and soften without browning.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower and onion.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss.
- Add mushrooms and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and toss.
- Transfer the vegetables to a small square or rectangular baking dish, ideally 20×20 cm.
- Mix the broth with the cream and pour over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the crumb evenly over the mixture in the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes, until the cauliflower and onions are soft.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle cherry tomatoes over the top of the dish.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the still warm baked mixture with parsley, a few small sage leaves and lemon zest.
Pasta baked with cauliflower
There is nothing better and easier than a baked treat with a golden cheese top. Your whole family will love this recipe!
- 375 g of penne pasta
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into large pieces, reserving the leaves
- 50 g of butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 200 g of bacon, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 125 g fresh mozzarella, grated
- a little fresh sage
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water for 14 minutes, adding the cauliflower and leaves for the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, or until softened.
- Add the bacon and sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add the flour and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Gradually pour in the milk and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until slightly thickened.
- Add half the mozzarella and stir for 1 minute or until melted.
- Add the milk mixture to the pasta mixture and then stir.
- Transfer the mixture to a 22 x 32 cm baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella, top with the sage and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
If you want to learn more about cauliflower, you have the option. We have prepared for you a comprehensive article about cauliflower , where you will find out a lot of interesting information about this healthy vegetable!
Cauliflower gratin with ham and cheese
Cauliflower baked with ham and several types of cheese is an absolute delicacy! In addition, it is a simple dish with a low carbohydrate content.
- 6 cups raw cauliflower florets, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups diced ham
- 110 g of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 spoons of finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Fill a medium pot halfway with water, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, discard the rest of the cauliflower.
- Place pieces of cauliflower in boiling water and cook.
- Do not overcook the cauliflower, it will soften in the oven.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, cut the ham into very small cubes and chop the spring onions.
- Put the cream cheese in a glass bowl and put it in the microwave for a few minutes to soften.
- Mix the Greek yogurt, Parmesan and chopped spring onion into the softened cheese.
- When the cauliflower is cooked enough to start to soften, pour it into a colander placed in the sink and let it drain well (at least 5 minutes).
- Put the drained cauliflower back into the pot you cooked it in and mash with a potato masher until it’s mostly mashed and only a few pieces remain.
- Stir in the sauce and then gently stir in the diced ham.
- Season with ground black pepper.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture into a bowl, spread evenly and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned and the mixture is bubbling.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to absorb all the liquid, then serve hot.
Cauliflower baked with potatoes
This creamy cauliflower gratin with potatoes is one of those side dishes you’ll never get enough of! In addition, it is incredibly easy to prepare.
- 700 g of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 and ½ cups of warm milk
- ½ cup grated Gruyere cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ⅓ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 and ¼ teaspoons of salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add 1 tsp salt, cauliflower florets and potatoes and cook over medium heat for 7 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter, add flour and mix.
- Stirring constantly, add the warm milk and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper, ¼ cup Gruyere cheese, Parmesan, and nutmeg.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Transfer the cauliflower and potatoes to a 20 x 28 cm baking dish.
- Pour over the sauce and gently toss to combine the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with Panko breadcrumbs and remaining ¼ cup Gruyere and drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Turn on the grill function and bake for 2-3 minutes until the top of the gratin mixture is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Baked cauliflower with cheese and béchamel
Try this simple recipe with which you will make a lot of fun. The combination of cauliflower, cheese and béchamel is simply delicious!
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 100 g of hard Eidam cheese
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- sprig of parsley
- 50 ml of milk
- Boil the disassembled and washed cauliflower gently into florets in hot water.
- Prepare a béchamel from flour and milk.
- Put the cooked cauliflower in a bowl, you can also cut it into smaller pieces and cover it with béchamel.
- Add the chopped parsley.
- Place the mass in a greased and breadcrumb-strewn baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface with grated cheese.
- And bake in a preheated oven until golden.
- This dish tastes great with a vegetable salad.
Tips for roasting cauliflower
- We clean the cauliflower, which we want to prepare as baked, and cut off the stems .
- Then boil it either whole or cut into florets in salted water until semi-soft.
- In the meantime, we will prepare the other necessary ingredients.
- Cauliflower can be baked with a large number of other foods and in different ways, so during the cauliflower season there is no need to repeat the same dish with a little imagination, there is always a possibility of variation.
- We can add meat or cold cuts, potatoes, pasta and rice, eggs, cheeses, stewed mushrooms and other vegetables to the cauliflower when baking, which we almost always add.
- We can also combine all the ingredients and add béchamel or one of the baking sauces.
- Depending on the type of ingredients used, bake for about 30 minutes until golden.
If you liked it, be sure to try our recipes for baked broccoli !
Don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with your friends!