We can certainly find a number of vitamins in every vegetable or fruit salad, which are prepared mainly from fresh ingredients.
Winter salads are good for supporting immunity, digestion, but also burning.
We can prepare them in a light form as a complement to the main course , but also as a hearty main course.
Baked vegetable salad with cheese
Roasted vegetables in a salad taste great, even if this salad includes the not-so-popular beetroot . After baking, the beet softens beautifully and its taste becomes stronger and sweeter, its texture then remotely resembles meat.
- 2 small beets
- 2 small carrots or a piece of pumpkin
- 1 small handful of black olives
- 1 shallot
- 1 spring onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- a sprig of thyme
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- Feta cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices of toasted bread
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Cut all the vegetables into more rustic pieces and put them in a suitable baking dish.
- Add chopped garlic, shallot, spring onion and herbs to the vegetables.
- Drizzle with olive oil and two tablespoons of water.
- Salt and pepper.
- Cover the container with aluminum foil and bake in the oven.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Dry toast bread in a frying pan.
- Put the baked vegetables on a plate and sprinkle them with feta cheese while they are still warm and mix them with baby spinach and toasted toast.
Discover similar tips
2. Lettuce Caesar salad
A salad that quickly became popular. The basis is always an excellent dressing, and then the salad is enriched with other high-quality and nutritionally valuable ingredients. If supplemented with foods with a higher protein content, it can be a full-fledged lunch or dinner.
- 2 slices of chicken breast
- garlic to taste, crushed
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 200 g English bacon cut into strips
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, cut in half
- 1 lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 handful of parmesan shavings
- 200 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets, mashed
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the grill pan to a medium-high temperature.
- Rub the slices of meat with crushed garlic and unchopped herbs.
- Fry them in a little olive oil until golden.
- Put the meat aside on the heat and let the bacon cook until crispy in the same pan.
- Whisk yogurt, oil, garlic, anchovies, lemon juice and parmesan for the dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and whisk again.
- In a bowl, lightly mix the torn salad leaves with pieces of chicken and bacon, egg halves, avocado slices and Parmesan cheese
- Pour over the dressing and serve.
Healthy winter cabbage salad
In this salad, you will enjoy vitamin C packed in cabbage, apple and healthy cranberries, which work as a prevention against urinary tract infections.
- 1/2 head of red and white cabbage
- 2 small red onions
- 2 apples
- 50 g of walnuts
- 50 g of dried cranberries
- 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 spoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Clean the cabbage, onion and apples and chop them into thin strips, apples into slices.
- Salt the cabbage in a bowl and let it sweat.
- Then drain the excess water, add onions, apples and cranberries.
- Cover everything with a dressing made of apple cider vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Decorate with chopped walnuts.
And how are you doing with the cabbage roll? Don’t you enjoy it? There are a few ways to make this job easier. If you’re interested, see what electric graters, graters and vegetable slicers can do .
Few raw materials are as rich in vitamins as “ordinary” cabbage . In addition to vitamin K, vitamins from group B and minerals, it contains vitamin C, which is so rare especially in winter.
Do you know that cabbage:
- works against bacteria
- it is suitable for the treatment of gout and gallstones
- it is suitable for heart and kidney diseases
- has a diuretic effect